Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jose Fajardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not letting people having DocumentDB on Azure stack?

• Ryan Groom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our solution requires DocDB and our customers require Azure Stack. I hope this is reconsidered.

• Jassim Rahma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with this because many people wants to use local apps as well as cloud sync so why you let them use the local from other vendors such as mongodb or anyother database..

• Tom Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be more useful to me to have a local DocumentDB as a cache. It is too complicated right now with caching items locally as you have to convert a Document into a SQLite table.

• Jassim Rahma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest to have DocumentDB to work on local network on Windows Server and not only on Azure just like Microsoft SQL Server

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also would need a full blown on-premise DocumentDB, because of security restrictions and restrictions based on legislation. Or, the JSON support in SQL Server should be enhanced, so that a DocumentDB would not be needed.
        Until that time I am afraid we would have to make to choice for a none-Microsoft product, which is not our preferred option.

• SAinCA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have. Will not contemplate the Stack without it, as we need a noSQL that isn't mongodb, Cassandra e.g. all. Demo at SQL Pass today was compelling.

• Eric Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely would like to stick with Microsoft stack for document dbs rather than going to Mongo/Cassandra, but many customers simply will not allow cloud storage and require on-premise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Azure datacentre was available in Africa, we would use cloud. Until then we need on premise solution

• Dave Bown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No doubt running in Azure Stack would be great for those who can afford it. But now MS have gone down the route of forcibly bundling it with what will be very expensive hardware solutions I'd much rather you ship this to run outside of it i.e. via Service Fabric on normal Windows Server.

• laura edell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Microsoft DSA dedicated to one of our largest consumer of Azure's services today. They have expressed quite a bit of interest in an on-premise DocDB and asked me to inquire about the viability of such an offering. In fact, they pointed me to this discussion thread.

Please advise if there is any traction...

Laura Edell
        DSA, Microsoft

This is must for us, As we have lot existing on premise customers at the same time we are also moving to cloud

On premise DocumentDB is a must. It will ease NoSQL data management without the need to be connected to the cloud.

• Linus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my clients in the private sector have moved their web apps to cloud solutions while at the same time persisting data on-premise in e.g. traditional SQL solutions since it's implicitly required by local laws pertaining to information security. Having the option to run NoSQL as a service in a hybrid cloud, persisting document-style data to on-premise, would provide a solution for several of the challenges that these clients currently face with their traditonal SQL solutions.

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to seriously consider releasing an on prem DocumentDB version, if for no other reason than development purposes. The lack of this prevents us from using it in any of our solutions

• Colin Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to consider that applications may not always live in the cloud, there may be a change requirement at any time for data to be on-premise; this being the case I can't consider this product, which is a shame.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base