How can we improve Azure Cosmos DB?

Make Throttled Request metric (Cosmos DB) available for configuring a unified alert

When looking to migrate our alerting (deployed in ARM templates) to the new alerting platform the throttled request metric is not available when configuring an alert for Cosmos DB resources, we currently have a classic alert using this metric. I have attempted to use an alert based on 'Total Requests' filtering for response code 429 but this doesn't seem to behave the same as the existing Classic alert (maybe due to the only available setting for 'timeAggregation' being 'Count'). Having logged a support request it was suggested I make a request here.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phil Shurley (pshurley) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat. I rely on this alert to keep my applications responsive while at the same time controlling costs. I hope this wasn't removed with the idea of forcing higher, and often unnecessary, increased costs.

• Yash Ghia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking at similar thing, didn't find any default metric alert to monitor 429 (Throttled requests)

Feedback and Knowledge Base