How can we improve Azure Cosmos DB?

implement Table API for premium tier Azure Blob Storage

The Table API for Azure Blob Storage works well in scenarios which contain a large number of small databases.

The premium pricing tier for Azure Blob block storage offers an upgrade in speed for those who want better performance than standard tier and are willing to pay. The price for premium blob storage is about twice that of standard, but still very inexpensive for small data sets.

I'm aware of Cosmos DB and that Cosmos DB is currently the upgrade path for those who want better performance than Table API with blob storage. I'm also aware of the $20/month pricing tier for 400 RSUs shared across all containers in a CDB db with Table API.

$20 per month is a good price for CDB, but a huge jump from the price of Table API for Azure Blob Storage.

For those who don't need the features of CDB, I suggest Azure offer Table API for premium blob block storage. Pricing would be the current pricing for premium blob block storage, which is very reasonable.

If I remember correctly, standard blob storage is about USD $.07 per gig per month and premium storage is about twice that.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam Leffert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc