How can we improve Azure Cosmos DB?

Execute a procedure when TTL expires

I would like to execute a procedure when TTL expires. For example, when TTL expires I would like to also delete some related records from Azure table storage.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to introduce support for tracking deletes in the change feed. Using this capability, you can integrate with Azure Functions or another event processing system to perform operations like execute procedure or call other services programmatically.

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Friend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to track TTL expires causes all sorts of problems, and so far the only way I have been able to address it is by not using TTL expires and running periodic purges. Even some sort of soft delete would be preferable. Is support for this still planned?

• Sean Feldman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have IMO.
    A system were data retention is important, I'd rather move it out of CosmosDB into something like Storage blobs. And having TTL-triggered archival/action would be very helpful.

• Madhusudhan Reddy Avancha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure portal should provide an additional feature to archive data post TTL, to a blob or other storage spaces or docdb itself so that expired data wouldn't incur any additional processing cost in RU's while querying and user will still have data backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base