Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide top N DISTINCT values from suggester API

At the moment the suggester API return the top N results, but if I want use this feature on a field that contains duplicate values, this request could show me N identical values.
    For example, my index contains the searchable fields address and city (address as the key) and the city field contains only the cities "Parma" and "Pavia". I want to add autocomplete on the city field on the web app. The suggester API with TOP 5 could give me 5 identical values with the city "pavia". But I like to see both the cities in the TOP 5.…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cursor-based pagination

When new elements are added to the beginning of an index paginating with $top/$skip will return duplicated elements. The cursor-based pagination solves such problems.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. filterAndMergeMany

We need a way to update/merge all documents matching a filter criteria. E.g. only change one field for all documents matching a $filter specified.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base