Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable gzip compression

I'm adding fairly large documents via the rest API in fairly large batches. Being able to compress the JSON content seems like it would have a large impact on my ability to upload 10's of millions of documents more efficiently. Gzip for the response would be nice as well as there are times I wan't to get a large resultset in my response.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Most common searches by Analytics

PowerBI can parse the Analytics data to obtain the "Most common search queries".
    It'd be awesome if the REST API could provide this information too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Helpful error message when creating Suggester without SourceFields and not all fields are searchable

I've attempted to create an Index with a suggester without specifying the SourceFields. This step failed because not all fields are searchable. The failure makes sense, but the error message returned is not helpful:

{"error":{"code":"","message":"An error has occurred."}}

Please update the error message in this scenario to be informative. Attached is the request that failed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base