Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pricing based on transactional throughput, similar to SQL Azure

The current model is a lot like the old SQL Azure models, where it was the volume of data that largely drove the cost of the service. SQL Azure became an affordable breakthrough when it shifted toward pricing based on overall transactional throughput (i.e., large databases that did not need to handle huge volumes were now affordable).

Search should work the same way. If I operate a marginally popular web forum, for example, I may have several gigs of data to index, but the storage of that is the cheap part. It doesn't get a lot of queries, and new…

295 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pricing for more documents with less storage size / less documents with more storage

It would be great to have a pricing model where we can index large amounts of small sized documents. (e.g.: 15M documents in 12 GB of storage).
    Same goes the other way around, less documents, with a greater storage size.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The current Azure Search business model charges for storage consumed and not by document count. Thank you for your feedback. While it is unlikely we’ll address this suggestion in the near future, we’ll reassess based on the number of votes it receives.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Azure Search Product Team

3. Turn off Azure Search during off periods.

My company works from 8:0 am to 5:00 pm
    I would like to turn off the search when I don't need it.
    In addition,
    I would like to have access to the data behind the scenes to provide full control over the results sets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base