Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a startup-friendly billing model

For startups it might be interesting to split billing in 2: queries and storage (similar to the Windows Azure Storage billing model).
    Our customer will have lots of records from day 1 (minimum 4 million), but the number of QPS will be very low the first weeks/months.

So we might want to start with a shared instance in terms of QPS, but not for data / # documents.

716 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    28 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add extra transactions

the 5,000 transactions are depleted in few hours, for a new website, that because of the crawling bots, i have 0 visitors on the website and all 5,000 transactions gone. The search api is useless!!!!

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide some sort of usage feedback (QPS)

We need to see what is the average QPS use so we can know if we need another replica or some sort of auto-scaling so we can adjust when we hit high demand (maybe auto-scaled based on % of max QPS?).

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Smaller than Standard plans

There is no emulator for Azure Search so the development needs to take place in the cloud. Free plan is too small (especially the number of indexes), and Standard plan becomes expensive very quickly when you have several developers working on the same app. Each of them would have to have a separate service so they don't step on each other toes.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Progressive cost for Azure search

There is currently only two plans for Azure Search. Free 15,000 documents and Standard 15M documents at 300$/month. Need a more progressive pricing model like all other products. This is hard to justify when your search engine cost more then the hosting and storage...

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to index more than 1M documents in Basic

I have a basic account for $40\month, and have 1.1M documents. But I'm not able to add an additional partition. My only options are a) limit my documents to 1M (what's the point?) or b) upgrade to Standard which supports 15M documents (overkill) for $250/month?!? Of course, I could sign up two basic accounts for less, but then have to write specific code to query two search accounts. Please add the ability to add more partitions to the Basic Tier.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move service between subscriptions

In response to the Azure Portal team's comment in this (https://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-portal/suggestions/5608987-move-services-between-subscriptions) thread, I'd like to propose to enable/implement this feature for the Search service asap.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base