Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clone entire Azure Search instance, just like I can clone App Service.

I would be extremely handy if I could clone entire Azure Search instance to the same or a new Resource Group, in the same or a new location using the same or another Azure Subscription. Like I can clone Azure App Service wherever I want.

User case: If there is an issue which is reproducible with production instance of Azure Search, then I will clone in to a separate sandbox, and take it from there. As of today, I have to create a brand new Azure Search instance, clone SQL Database and reindex them to get the same data.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clustering

Clustering is a well known field in data mining. When applied to text it can be used for

Organisation
    Summarisation
    Classification

of text (documents/phrases etc).

I would like to see clustering in azure Search or perhaps made available in Azure ML and applied against Azure Search.

An example of clustering can be found in Mahout

https://mahout.apache.org/users/clustering/latent-dirichlet-allocation.html

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base