Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modelling Complex Types in Indexes

When modelling an index the data types are restrictive. There are simple types and collections. There is nothing that allows us to model complex types e.g.

"name": {
    "first": "Ericka",
    "last": "Banks"
    },......

The oData spec allows for complex types

http://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-2-0/overview/

1,344 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Data Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ensure data types are consistent with other Microsoft datatypes

I presume my concern is that almost every Microsoft product seems to have a different set of supported data types and often the same name means different things in different products. In general we've been trying to get people to avoid using "money" in SQL Server and to use "decimal" instead. Similarly I presume that "text" is just a generic name for a bunch of characters but given that it's also the name of a data type that we're trying to move people away from in SQL Server

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base