Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indexing shouldn't fail for all documents when one exceed size limit

Scenario:
    1. We have a production application using Azure Search with Basic Pricing Tier
    2. The indexer is already configured with these parameters:
    "parameters": {
    "maxFailedItems": 10,
    "maxFailedItemsPerBatch": 5,
    "configuration" : { "failOnUnsupportedContentType": false }
    },
    3. indexing runs once every 60 minutes

Since we are using the Basic pricing tier, file size limit is 16MB and this is acceptable for the business.

When a system administrator uploads several documents, and one of them exceeds the 16MB limit, indexing breaks and stops for all documents, even the good ones.

Logs show this kind of error messages:
    [
    {
    "key": null, …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The desired functionality is already available using ‘indexStorageMetadataOnlyForOversizedDocuments’ configuration property.

PUT https://[service name].search.windows.net/indexers/[indexer name]?api-version=2016-09-01
    Content-Type: application/json
    api-key: [admin key]

{
    … other parts of indexer definition
    “parameters” : { “configuration” : { “indexStorageMetadataOnlyForOversizedDocuments” : true } }
    }

Thank you for using Azure Search!

2. Location field for the Search Service is not consistent with other services

In my deployment templates I use [ResourceGroup().location] to specify the location for the resources in the group.
    This works for all the services I've tried so far except for Search which requires the full string only, like "West Europe".

This is a little inconsistency that is very inconvenient as I now need to pass the Location parameter to all templates that deploy search. Search is a bit different than others on the length of the service name(15 chars only, reminds me of NetBIOS names). But this is a different story.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import Data Exceeded the free quota of 3 indexers BUG

I am now stuck at recreating indexes. I was told to delete one of my index to create another, but it didn't work. The funny thing is that, I am only having just 1 active index in that Azure Search Repo.

Response that i get when I want to 'Import Data':
    'You have exceeded the free quota of 3 indexers. Please delete one to continue'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, the error message refers to indexers, not indexes. An indexer is a resource separate from an index. So in your case, you need to delete some indexeRs.

Also, please use MSDN forums or StackOverflow (azure-search tag) to ask questions like this – you’ll get a much faster response on those forums.

Thanks!
    Eugene Shvets
    Azure Search team

4. Indexers convert uniqueidentifier to lower case

Indexers convert uniqueidentifier to lower case which should not happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base