How can we improve Azure Search?

Support custom dictionary

Some domestic senario like, Legal, really domestic topic require custome dictionary for more accurate wordbreaking, stemming and normalization. I think custome dictionary with easy maintemance like SharePoint or FAST provide today is help this type of senario.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daiyu Hatakeyama shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Marckel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A thesaurus which supports multi-word terms is needed. So that phrases and their acronyms can be considered equivalent. example: "automatic transmission fluid" and ATF.

• Tom Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to describe aliases for a list of key words or phrases.
        For example when a user issues a query for "Kleenex" I want to return "facial tissue" result also. Or when a user queries for "Plate" or "PL" the items with "Flat" are returned too. My application is a bit more specific but the same principle applies. I would like to have a list of words or letter combinations that when one is searched for all are returned as results. Basically custom defined Synonyms in every search.

• Liam Cavanagh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thesaurus (or equivalent) creation is required. It would be good to understand the extensibility points as well as any semantic search capabilities that are provided out of the box (e.g. word variations, synonyms, auto-correct, etc.).

Feedback and Knowledge Base