Expose functionality equivalent to Elasticsearch aggregations

585 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminThe Azure Team on UserVoice (Product Owner, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vinod Teppala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any thing in Azure Search that gives me stats on fields of an index. In Solr we have stats.field to give stats on each field in a collection/index.

i want to get statistics on field of index like max value, min value, sum, avg , count, distinct values... (all these are provided by apache solr on each field)

• Jacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am amazed at how long these reviews take. This idea was shared in 2015 and now in 2018 its still under review?? No wonder people want to move away from it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't know if elastic does this but I want to be able to do window aggregations ie row_number() over (partition by productId order by updateDate desc) and then select using a filter on the date and where the row_number function = 1 so that I can index a history of records but at any time select the ones that are relevant at a certain date
    e.g.
    productId, status, updateDate
    Prod1, 3, '2011-01-01'
    Prod1, 4, '2011-04-01'
    Prod2, 2, '2010-10-01'
    Prod2, 1, '2013-02-01'

in my index
    so if I wanted to get products at 2011-02-01 I would see Prod1 with status 3 and Prod2 with status 2. If I wanted to get products at 2011-06-01 I would see Prod1 with status 4 and Prod2 with status 2 etc
    Is this possible even in elastic?

• Rajag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've guid values in a field we index and we want to group by that field to get counts after applying some filter conditions. The lack of this is a big blocker for us to use azure search and we've to look at elastic search solutions

• Shafqat Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aggregations are a cool and desired feature of elastic search. We need it for our solution and the only reason we will be using plain elastic search over Azure Search is Aggregations.

• Paul Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical requirement for our implementation. It would be great if Azure Search would add this. Right now, this is one of the key factors that may lead us to switch to AWS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base