How can we improve Azure Search?

Provide ability of collection Type field to be searched against individual values separately

For a document, where there are multiple values in its collection type column, it gives it lesser score (and hence either to come lower or may not even come in the result) to it even though the search query has matched with ONE of the values in the list COMPLETELY.

This is because, currently Azure Search considers list of all the values provided in the collection type as a single string by concatenating all of them.
My requirement is that if the search query (for that field) matches with any of the values in the collection, it should consider it as a complete match and use that specific value where it has matched more, to score the document.

Example:
My index has two fields
NameCollection - Collection(String)
XYZName - String

Document1:
NameCollection => {"Dieter Esser", "Biergarten Rodehof"}
XYZName: "Dieter Esser"

For a search query "Dieter Esser" against NameCollection should consider the above document as a complete match and would give same score as of that when the search query has matched against "XYZName" field. But in reality it gives a lesser score, and hence pushes down this document in the results, and sometimes it may not even appear in the result.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gopinath Gopal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...