How can we improve Azure Search?

Blob Indexer should continue indexing documents after encountering an error

This is related to...

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/263029-azure-search/suggestions/11628435-blob-indexer-should-be-able-to-skip-unsupported-co

...whilst a change has been added to easily configure the indexer to exclude unsupported document formats, this is inadequate. Bugs in the indexer and corrupt documents are going to ensure that there will always be a percentage of documents that can't be processed by the indexer. This shouldn't stop the indexer from processing data it can index.

When the indexer encounters an error processing a document it should log the error then proceed with indexing of the rest of the documents in storage.

A run shouldn't be halted until the indexer has attempted to index all the documents in the data source.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    michael lang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Prateek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this issue resolved? I am also facing the same issue. The indexers stops after it encounters a corrupted file and doesnt proceed further

• michael lang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an indexer which is failing on a .docx document. I can download and open the document in word, it doesn't appear to be corrupt. When an indexing thousands of documents, my expectation is that a high percentage of the documents will be successfully indexed, I would never expect 100% of documents that should be index-able to be successfully indexed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base