Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

How can we improve Azure Search?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expose ElasticSearch API

It would be great if you could expose the rich ElasticSearch API that Azure Search is built on (or as much of it as possible). There are a lot of libraries and programs written against the ElasticSearch API that could be easily moved over to Azure Search if this was available. And of course there is a ton of functionality that isn't exposed through your custom API -- in fact, many of the other feedback ideas here would be solved if this happened.

291 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Query - Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After giving this a lot of thought, we have decided against exposing arbitrary Elasticsearch APIs in Azure Search. We understand that this is a common request and some of you will be disappointed, but please read on and hopefully this decision will start making some sense.

Although Azure Search indeed uses Elasticsearch for some of its core functionality, we want to keep the flexibility to innovate in directions that we believe won’t be directly compatible with exposing the Elasticsearch API. While it is still early days for higher-level value-added capabilities we’d like to add to the service, there are already many cases where Azure Search simplifies end-to-end scenarios or enables entirely new capabilities not available in Elasticsearch. For example, Azure Search offers dead-simple scalability, and adds features like scoring profiles, suggesters, and indexers. In many of those cases, exposing the Elasticsearch API would lead to a slew of problems…

2. Support Log Analytics

Modern applications and services collect logs for internal diagnostics, user behavior and more.
    - Indexing logs allow for fast interactive exploration
    - Requires handling very high incoming rate
    - Log query rate, elaborate queries

It would also be interesting to leverage tools such as Kibana to create dashboards and visualize various status(say Top Queries, Facets, etc, etc). and Logstash where someone could create rules and feed their logs in proper format to Elasticsearch on on-going basis, while visualizing with Kibana.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support HTTP PATCH for partial updates of Azure Search resources

Support HTTP PATCH for partial updates of Azure Search resources, including indexes, datasources, indexers, etc.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add proximity scoring for numeric fields

For a numeric field, boost score depending on absolute distance from the field value.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페

안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 https://JJZOA46.com 부산립카페 시화휴게텔 연산동건마
    안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페
    안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페
    안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페안산키스방 제이제이닷컴 부산건마 시화휴게텔 연산동립카페

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. .net SDK SearchServiceClient add URI constructors back

The 3.0.3 version and earlier of the .NET SDK had constructors that took a URI as a parameter. We use a proxy in front of the service and need the constructor with a URI parameter,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wildcard search does not return a full match

If I have a document with a search field "Bart" and "Bartuy"

Querying for "Bart*" won't return "Bart" that document, only "Bartuy".

I would expect that querying for "Bart*" returns both.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Query - Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select language specific field at indexing time using text analytics

With language detection and cognitive services, we can now detect the language of a string a field. Language will be stored in another field. Using a specific analysis engine (Eg. Microsoft English, Lucine Arabic) is a per column (property). Making the engine selection based a value on a language field.

So my document would look like
    {
    "Text": "Some Text in English",
    "Language":"en"
    }
    and another would be
    {
    "Text":"Hola Mundo",
    "Language":"es"
    }

and based on the Language property the analysis engine would be selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The mechanism to solve this problem would be to use a custom skill that sends the language to different fields (text_en, text_es, etc.) based on the language provided. Then you would select the analyzer for the field that would contain text_en to be English, for text_ex to Spanish, and so forth.

So we believe there is already a mechanism for you to accomplish this scenario.

Here is an example of how to create a custom skill:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/search/cognitive-search-create-custom-skill-example

Thanks!
    -Luis Cabrera
    Azure Search Product Team

10. Grow Your Business

Promote Solution to Enterprise - Gain access to microsoft enterprise sellers using the Azure as a selling tool.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마

천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 https://JJZOA46.com 구미안마 천호휴게텔 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마천호동립카페 제이제이닷컴 구미휴게텔 천호안마 군산건마

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Evaluate not-equal for high watermark in Azure SQL data source

The current high watermark approach to re-index based on changes in the source data does not work well for SQL views. I am hashing the values of the columns I want to determine uniqueness on a row as the view is populated by several tables and narrows down to the fields I want in my search index.

The problem with the high watermark is that it only evaluates that the new value is greater. While this is a fine use case for a direct table with a row version or date modified, there are two issues with only offering this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matthew, we think allowing != operator for high water mark would not be a good approach in general because high water mark policy explicitly relies on a non-decreasing counter semantics. Using != would indeed capture changed values, but it would ALSO capture every other value in a table / view, making indexing very much non-incremental.

For your use case, we suggest adding a rowversion column to every table used as input in your view, then selecting the minimal of each table’s rowversions in your view definition. That will ensure the expected high water mark semantics and incremental indexing. Hopefully this alternative approach can work for you.

Thank you for using Azure Search!
    Your Azure Search team

13. Language analyzer - add paragraph sign token §

Currently if you want to use Microsoft language analyzer (for example en.microsoft) then tokenization process doesn't recognize paragraph sign "§". Therefore indexing and searching from legal texts is defective.
    Could you add § token?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: stopwords in search query make returns no documents.

if I have a document with this words in the content:

"dolor de cabeza" using the spanish analyzer, searching for "dolor de cabeza" returns the document ok. but using dolor de cabeza (without quotes) returns nothing.

Actually, every stop word in the search query will make it to return no documents when using queryType=Full and searchMode=All.

the problem with using the quote approach is that it will only match the exact sentence.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Query - Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Batch document search

It would be great if you could send a batch of search requests to the Azure Search, which could potentially lower the QPS count and mitigate network latency problems

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Query - Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. computer vision API return language code

in the computer vision service API, It should be very usefull to have return the language code used to do the OCR especially when you use the"unk" unknow language

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Translate a long Document

I am trying to translate a long document though the API translate as I indicate below in my skillset. First of all, I split the original content of the documents in order to use it as the input of the translation function that works correctly with short texts once it does not exceed the limit of the API chracters of translation.

Creating skillset:

{
    "@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Skills.Text.SplitSkill",
    "textSplitMode" : "pages",
    "maximumPageLength": 500,
    "inputs": [
    {
    "name": "text",
    "source": "/document/content"
    },
    {
    "name": "languageCode",
    "source": "/document/languageCode"
    }
    ],
    "outputs": [
    {
    "name": "textItems",
    "targetName": "pages"
    }
    ]
    }
    Once the split is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crawlers showing Writer's experiencing Compulsory licensing issues.

Compulsory Licensing issues for Songwriters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Crawlers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't lose documents when I add a partition

I had 17 million documents in 2 partitions. I added a third partition and started inserting more documents. After inserting 500,000 documents, I have only 8 million documents. How can this happen ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support field mapping to another index or at least to predefined map/dictionary

I have a column with integers(enum) stored in azure table that I'm indexing but I'd like to show in search results human readable values. I have two options:
    1. Provide a dictionary id -> name in fieldMapping of indexer
    2. Provide ability to reference other index to use field value as key to take value from that index.

The second option is more preferable since it will allow to implement different Catalog like indices (foreign keys)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crawlers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have recently introduced a new capability called Cognitive Search that allows you to apply transformations to your data before indexing. For the scenario described above, we recommend you use a custom skill to transform your data before indexing. This is an example of how to create a custom skill in order to do a data transformation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/search/cognitive-search-create-custom-skill-example

Thanks!
    Luis Cabrera
    Azure Search Product Team

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base