Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

How can we improve Azure Search?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include parquet files

We store most of our data in parquet format and currently use a custom indexer on another platform to keep them indexed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Query - Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support a DFS Query Then Fetch Search Type

Support DFS Query then Fetch search type in order to get more accurate scores across shards. (Equivalent to search_type=dfs_query_then_fetch in Elasticsearch.)

https://www.elastic.co/blog/understanding-query-then-fetch-vs-dfs-query-then-fetch

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-request-search-type.html

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow importing data from OneNote

We have huge data stored in Onenote in many sections/pages. Having ability to import data from OneNote will help to use legacy content.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. multi-word synonyms

Do we have multi-word synonyms?
    If yes, can words between 2 synonym sets overlap? i.e. can I have the following 2 synonym sets:
    USA, United States
    United, together

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Full Search with wildcard or fuzzy search not returning expected result

Hello,
    I have following records in my Azure Search Index
    {
    "customerId": "8feda7ca-c9f0-40d9-86d8-434b0bbe94c2",
    "registeredName": "TeamPeacock",
    "tradingName": "TeamPeacock",
    },
    {
    "customerId": "b445eb04-8d07-4708-a197-770cda3a459e",
    "registeredName": "TeamPeacock1",
    "tradingName": "TeamPeacock 1",
    }

I am using Full Search with wildcard/fuzzy search to fetch records.

Below search queries fail to fetch the above records:
    Failed Query 1:
    {
    "search": "(peacock*) OR (peacock*~) OR (peacock~)",
    "queryType": "full",
    "searchMode": "all"
    }

Failed Query 2:
    {
    "search": "(peacock*) OR (peacock*~) OR (peacock~)",
    "searchMode": "any"
    }

Failed Query 3:
    {
    "search": "(peacock*)",
    "searchMode": "any"
    }

Failed Query 4:
    {
    "search": "(peacock*~) OR (peacock~)",
    "searchMode": "any" …

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure search Suggestions dose not filter duplicate items

Azure search Suggestions dose not filter duplicate items. This is Suggestions official document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/searchservice/suggestions.

Please remove useless duplicate items. Duplicate items are useless in "search-as-you-type" scenario.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable option to make IP static

In my case I do not have access in database server and I have noticed if I login my system different internet network then it's providing different IP to add in server firewall. I unable to see any option to make IP static like app service.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove initial document from index

There should be an option to remove the initial/older documents from index and sync with only recently refreshed documents of indexer. For example if my actual data is getting refreshed everyday with new timestamp (but number of records can be increase/decrease) then in index there should be only newly refreshed data of indexer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate Azure Search with SharePoint Search engine

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to know, is it possible to Integrate Azure Search with SharePoint Search,

When we have huge document base in the SharePoint say 300GB, and which makes search results not appropriate due to long crawling time.

i want to fasten the crawling which is not possible, and hence i wanted to enhance the search results,

so if it possible to Integrate Azure Search with SharePoint Search,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support correlated search on complex collections

Now that Azure Search supports complex types, it would be useful to be able to combine full-text search and strict Boolean filters when querying over complex collections. Currently this is not possible -- search.ismatch()/ismatchscoring() are not allowed in lambda expressions, and using sub-fields of complex collections in full Lucene queries has uncorrelated semantics.

For example, if you want to search for hotels that have deluxe rooms with city views, none of these gives you exactly what you want:

search=Rooms/Description:(city views) AND Rooms/Type:(Deluxe Room)

search=Rooms/Description:(city views)&$filter=Rooms/any(room: room/Type eq 'Deluxe Room')

$filter=search.ismatchscoring('city views') and Rooms/any(room: room/Type eq 'Deluxe Room')

Instead, what you'd…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Index blob container metadata

We're trying to set up an indexer for groups of related blobs (e.g. multiple formats of a single image file) using containers. Unfortunately, it seems like the blob indexer doesn't extract metadata from containers - only the blobs themselves. As a workaround, we can duplicate metadata across all blobs in a container, but it would be nice if the indexer supported indexing container metadata directly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow limiting blob documents to be indexed based on a specific metadata value

We only want to index a subset of documents in our blob container and in order to do so now, we have to have two blob containers and manage them. Similar to how you can limit document types to be indexed or not, the ability to restrict the scope of Blob objects based on a metadata value would help reduce our operating expenses and document management overhead. We could add a new Metadata name called "AzureSearch" and if set to "true", would be picked up by the indexer. Removing it from the index would simply require changing that value and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow larger (>16MB) files in blob storage when using one to many indexers

When using a one to many indexer with files in Azure Blob Storage the indexer appears to still attempt to read the entire file at once. As a result files > 16MB fail to be indexed because they exceed the payload size limit.

Since its one to many the indexer should be able to read individual lines from the file and index them without reading the full file.

Additionally there is no helpful error message when this happens, it just appears as if the indexer never ran.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Full filter capabilities in .Net SDK

It would be awesome to have the same filtering capabilities that are available in the Rest API, in the SDK.
    I'm trying to use the Suggester with a filter using the search.ismatch('text','field') function as it throws an exception saying that is not supported.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. search service

Soft delete of storage service, treat the document totally deleted for search Service, meanwhile the soft delete should allow the document to be available until it is deleted permanently from the blob storage so that search service index can be updated(removed) with deleted documents.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow special characters or operators in data

The special characters or operators must be escaped before sending data to Azure Search service it seems. We have issue with Name field where the value for the field is "Rahul or Ranjan". This data is returned for all search making against any search criteria. We spent two days to find that the issue with the value which has "or" (kind of boolean operator) in it.

Kindly let me know any method is available in azure search to escape the same.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. increase the number of available free search services

We would ideally deploy our entire system using a script to provision and configure all the necessary Azure resources. This is helpful for clean per client deployments and also for qa/test deployments, however being limited to 1 free search service means having to have an expensive basic tier search service per qa/test deployment, or having to share a single shared free tier search service for qa/test/dev. Ideally we'd just be able to deploy 3 free tier search services.

An alternative to this would be a more finely graduated billing scheme based on usage (currently the cost of the search service…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Pricing and Quotas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base