Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Most common searches by Analytics

PowerBI can parse the Analytics data to obtain the "Most common search queries".
    It'd be awesome if the REST API could provide this information too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable gzip compression

I'm adding fairly large documents via the rest API in fairly large batches. Being able to compress the JSON content seems like it would have a large impact on my ability to upload 10's of millions of documents more efficiently. Gzip for the response would be nice as well as there are times I wan't to get a large resultset in my response.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Helpful error message when creating Suggester without SourceFields and not all fields are searchable

I've attempted to create an Index with a suggester without specifying the SourceFields. This step failed because not all fields are searchable. The failure makes sense, but the error message returned is not helpful:

{"error":{"code":"","message":"An error has occurred."}}

Please update the error message in this scenario to be informative. Attached is the request that failed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  REST API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base