Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Per index pricing model with no index cap

In my scenario I need to offer a single index per tenant. As my SaaS app grows I want to be able to add indexes as new tenants are on-boarded. Currently I have to purchase large blocks of indexes that will go unused until I on-board enough tenants. Then when I hit the cap I have to wither migrate to a new plan or (if I am past the cap of the largest plan) start partitioning tenants across multiple Search Services rather than scaling out from a single service to X number of private/isolated indexes.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Multi-tenancy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Index specific admin keys

As of today Azure Search providee index specific query keys, but only global admin keys. In a multitenant scenario all tenants then have to share the admin key in order to index data. In order to provide sufficient tenant isolation in multi-tenant scenarios we need index specific admin keys. Especially for those cases where each tenant run in process isolation - hence the individual tenants can't access other tenants connection strings.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Multi-tenancy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide warmup procedure

When we scale out Search replica, we can find delay peak right after it scaled. It gives throttled query, so I want to reduce it when we apply scheduled replica change.

It would be good to provide "predefined warm-up query sets" After-Scaleout event. What about to give textbox, and GET-queries are performed line by line multiple times.

Note that I'm using Azure Automation with this script to change replica count by schedule; https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/azure-search-change-c0b49c4c

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Multi-tenancy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base