Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup/Snapshot of Index

It should be possible for us to snapshot our indices at an interval of our choosing. The location for the snapshot should be Blob Storage.

Why

A data load goes wrong. Currently you are stuffed if this happens. You have no way to rollback.

You want to take a production index + data and restore it into UAT/TEST/DEV. Currently there is no way to do this other than to load from source.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clone entire Azure Search instance, just like I can clone App Service.

I would be extremely handy if I could clone entire Azure Search instance to the same or a new Resource Group, in the same or a new location using the same or another Azure Subscription. Like I can clone Azure App Service wherever I want.

User case: If there is an issue which is reproducible with production instance of Azure Search, then I will clone in to a separate sandbox, and take it from there. As of today, I have to create a brand new Azure Search instance, clone SQL Database and reindex them to get the same data.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OpenSearch support for search federation

Many companies use SharePoint as their entry point for search but federate actual searching across other data stores/sources.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clustering

Clustering is a well known field in data mining. When applied to text it can be used for

Organisation
    Summarisation
    Classification

of text (documents/phrases etc).

I would like to see clustering in azure Search or perhaps made available in Azure ML and applied against Azure Search.

An example of clustering can be found in Mahout

https://mahout.apache.org/users/clustering/latent-dirichlet-allocation.html

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base