Azure Search

Azure Search is a search-as-a-service solution that allows developers to incorporate a sophisticated search experience into web and mobile applications without having to worry about the complexities of full-text search and without having to deploy, maintain or manage any infrastructure

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for enhanced security - including security trimming and AD integration

I suspect that having a search service with two levels of access (admin and user) isn't likely to be a great solution, particularly if it applies to all indexes within the service. For example, to be able to upload a document, you need the same key as someone that can create indexes. I was left with the feeling that there probably is a need for some sort of role-based security where users/keys can be associated with particular indexes within the service. Even better would be something that allowed for vertical and/or horizontal filtering at the level of each index. Is…

346 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customer to provide encryption key for indexed data

To meet enterprise security requirements, it would be great if index data could be encrypted (ideally with a key provided by the customer.)

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Search deployed within Virtual Network

I would like suggest Azure Search could be deployed in virtual network so that not expose the search service endpoint to internet.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support IP firewall\service endpoints

Our enterprise requires 2 factor auth for all remote services. Please support IP based firewall and service endpoints!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Query Keys Should Be Time-Boxed

When creating a query key there should be a parameter to say "For How Long". If you look at Blob Storage when you retrieve a SharedAccessBlobPolicy(). I may only want to grant access to the index for a certain period.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base