Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

How can we improve Azure Backup?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Document How Azure Backup Works

Please can you publish a document(s) on how the Azure Backup process works on a technical level from start to finish.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. backup

I tested Azure a year ago and was very disappointed because your tutorials were never up-to-date and the portal was slow.

So I return after a year and altough the portal is a little bit quicker, the tutorials are still laughable and the instructions never line up with what I see in the portal.

I've spent an hour trying to find the Azure Online Backup feature, it should be in "Recovery Services" but of course there's no such thing in the portal I see at least. And this Windows Azure Online Backup Agent that you're talking about is nowhere to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Azure Backups

¿Microsoft Azure ensure that Azure backups are 100% funcionals?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Migrate NSF to PST

To migrate the data of Lotus Notes file to PST file format you can try NSF to PST Converter application that has multiple features. The single tool is equipped with multiple features. You can save your data into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCal, vCard, MBOX, HTML and CSV along with entire items of NSF file like email, contact, inbox, sent item, delete item, draft, calendar, notes, contact, task, attachment, outbox (to, cc, bcc, subject, date and time). This utility easily works with all the version of Lotus Notes 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 safely. It gives a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better error messages in recovery services

I'm getting error messages like:

Please retry the operation in a few minutes. If the problem persists, contact Microsoft Support.

Trying to create a support ticket isn't possible because you need to pay for support, even for internal errors... An already paying customer shouldn't need to pay for support when Microsoft didn't implement correct and meaningful error messages, especially not when it says 'internal' error...

Something like this shouldn't be on UserVoice it shouldn't be needed to vote on, it's standard...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use correct English

"Retain Backup Till" is slang. The words should be "Retain Backup Until".
    See screenshot

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Doubts about instances in the Azure Backup

Hello! I'm with a doubt regarding Microsoft Backup Azure.
    What would be a protected instance? Is it really what Backup items?
    If we have 19 Backup items then we are paying the value 19 instances?
    It follows attachment print as an example, the language of the console is in Portuguese-BR.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update The Azure Storage Valut Dashboard Page quick glance to show the download of the tools for client backups

Now that Azure backup supports backing up of clients, I'd like to see the Storage Vault's Dashboard page updated to show the download of the agent for clients. The dashboard page currently shows just downloading tools for the client. See the attached file az1.png)s to see a screen shot of the page I am talking about.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cost-effective solution to convert OST mailbox to PST?

Try OST to PST Conversion Tool that can be simply utilized to recover database of OST file by converting it into PST format. It is a cost-effective approach to convert mailbox of OST into PST format. The software easily converts all emails, email components like to, cc, bcc, sent, from, etc., and attachments. The program supports all MS Outlook versions – Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc. Both technical and non-technical users can operate the application easily without many difficulties. A demo edition is also available that allows converting 10 items of OST file into PST format. You…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows Server backup change tracking method?

Can the documentation include information about what change tracking method is used to "Back up a Windows Server or client to Azure using the Resource Manager deployment model". For file backup does this use change block tracking or archive bit as the determination of which files/blocks have changed and need to be transferred to the Recovery Service Vault.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-configure-vault

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On-Premise Fileserver - Backup and restore folder shares and share permissions?

I would like to know, how I can backup and restore shares and share permissions on a locally installed fileserver using Azure Backup Server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please update doc with February 2018 changes

Please update the screen shot for the SQL server to have the newest screens. Clients have mentioned the SQL Server install screen is outdated and I confirmed it.

Also, please mention that .NET 3.5 is a pre-requisite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How does the instance work?

I wonder what an instance would be.

In case, if I back up a file server, I'll need an instance. If I back up another file server, will I need another instance or use it?

If I subsequently back up a SQL or VM, will I need another instance?

Awaiting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug: Typo on Backup Vault configuration page

There is a typo on the Backup Vault -> Configure page for the storage replication's tool-tip, where it says: "The Geo-Redundant option maintains 3 copies of your data locally and 3 copties in a secondary storage region." As you can see the copies is misspelled the second time as "copties".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base