Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Segregation of Duties / Restrict ability to DELETE Backup Vault

In our main Azure instance we are backing up our on Prem VMs and our Cloud VMs. The concern is the Domain Admins have the ability to delete ALL our VMs both on Prem and in the Cloud and then proceed to delete the Azure Vault. We would like the ability to granularly control permission so that a user does not have the capability to Delete a Backup Vault. This doesn't appear to be a level control we can find within Azure without moving to a new Azure instance which adds other complications

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security roles in Azure Backup

The ability to restrict vault credentials to certain operations would be extremely useful from a security standpoint. Right now, Azure Backup can protect against accidental or non-malicious data loss, but its ability to protect against intended data destruction is limited. If the underlying server Azure Backup is running on is compromised, an attacker can simply delete all of the backups for that system. This makes Azure's utility as a replacement for traditional physical off-site backups (e.g. tape drives) much less useful.

Being able to assign "roles" to vault credentials would be one way to solve this. For example, a role…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Azure Backup at "Public" Network Category of Network Profile.

I want to enable Azure Backup at "Private" network category's network profile internet connection.
    and want to disable it at "Public" network category.

Private = my organization's Wi-Fi, network.
    Public = mobile like at airport's Wi-Fi, like at Coffee shop through my smartphone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable Azure Backup at Narrow Network bandwitdh

I want to disable Azure Backup at narrow network bandwidth,
    and enable it at width network bandwidth.
    Narrow = under 1 Gbps, like 3G, 4G, ...
    Wide = over 1 Gbps. like Wi-Fi, ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base