Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MBOX to Office 365

If you want to choose easy and safe software to import MBOX to Office 365 file then you can try reliable software MBOX to Office 365 Converter.

• The software which gives the best features to help convert MBOX to Office 365 files in less time.
    • You can also convert the corrupt or normal MBOX file and save data into various file format such as- PST, MSG, EML, PDF, HTML.
    • All users both application technical or non-technical can easily use this reliable software.
    • User can easily import MBOX file to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow selective deletion of snapshots in any and all azure products.

Backups / snapshots should not be auto deleted on deletion of the files resources. There should be an option to do so, but should not be forced on deletion of the resource. Default should be to retain with the option to delete, or maybe a subcommand that implies the delete . Not simply removal of one forces the other.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically mount lvm partitions instead of manual intervention

Currently, in azure backup process, if we want to do file recovery from logical volumes, we have to mount lvm's and then access files.

Instead of manual intervention, i would vote to see automated mounts of those lvm's like in source backedup vm.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better restore options

The "Instant File Recovery from Cloud using Azure Backup" which is in the preview is a horrible way to restore files. Since Azure Backup retains the files and folder permissions it is not possible to restore files and folders that have been restricted unless you know to the precise path of the file. Most users do not know this path due to mapped drives and/or shares that do not reflect the true path on the files server.

Since the mounted VHD files from Azure Backup is not a writable media it is not possible to reset the permissions, thus you…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More Snapshots and longer (non hack) retention times

We need the ability to store daily snapshots for at least 10 years vs the current 200 snapshot limit. So at least 3650 snapshots need to be supported for this to be a good solution for the enterprise, a lot of us have Legal requirements for long term retention.

Right now I have DPM set up in the Azure cloud to do this which is kind of silly. I've had to go from on Prem file storage to Azure Files, to a VM for the files to a DPM server to backup with retention. I'm paying for storing the same…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is restoration possible even after your azure in open credits are over?

My Azure in Open credits is over. Soon I will be adding credits to the subscription. For my subscription, I have only one service i.e. Azure Backup for Files and Folders. Is it possible for me to restore files even though my credits are over?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mcafee.com/activate

Activate McAfee keycode at mcafee activate and use the McAfee login account for McAfee activate. Redeem the McAfee activation code at mcafee activate and download the software. McAfee antivirus program guarantees you to keep you safe from every internet threat, cyber-attacks, and other viruses as well. https://macfeesactivateis.com/

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Convert NSf file to PST file

NSF to PST Converter transfer the select lotus notes file into a PST file, which can be directly used through MS Outlook. The converted PST file contains the entire notes items in the user mailbox and the individual items, with their original format. NSF to PST Converter fulfill users’ expectations as all mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars, and the journal was converted with 100% accuracy
    https://www.vartikasoftware.com/product/vs-nsf-to-pst-converter.html

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base