Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

How can we improve Azure Backup?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Longer Term Retention of Backups for Azure File Shares

I have set up an Azure File Share and configured a daily backup. But the retention period for daily backup is only 120 days. I need a way to retain backups for a longer period of time for compliance and archival purposes. Quarterly backups would be fine. Is there a way I can backup a file share or a snapshot of a file share to regular Azure Backup with the availability of its longer retention periods?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would love to see Azure Backup support for DNS zones

Would be great to be able to backup and restore my DNS zones. As with the file shares preview, it needs to be able to detect un-backed-up zones easily and apply backup policy across all my zones (e.g. at RG or Subscription level). Need to be able to browse individual DNS records for restore (I might just need to restore one, not the whole zone)

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add restore point overview to file share backups in RSV

When looking at a VM backup in a Recovery Services Vault there is an overview of the available restore points (see attached screenshot). I would like to have the same overview when looking at a file share backup in the RSV.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for Azure file shares in storage accounts that have Virtual Networks or Firewall enabled.

It is (now) not possible to use Azure Backup for storage accounts that limit connections through virtual networks or ip numbers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure File Share backup to different storage account and retention > 120 days

Backup of Azure Files to a different storage account than on the one it already resides and use it for Long term Retention ( > 120)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Backup policy for fileshares

Have policy similar to VM policies with retention of weekly and monthly backups

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple backup jobs / screenshots per day automatically - File shares

In our business we do shifts and need at least 2 backups per day for the same file shares automatically. having the option of 2 different times for the daily backup or create more than one backup job for the same files is needed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show expiry time of file share backups in portal and PowerShell

When creating a file share backup in the portal (see attached screenshot) or via PowerShell (with the cmdlet Backup-AzRecoveryServicesBackupItem and the parameter -ExpiryDateTimeUTC) a retention date is set. I would like to be able to view this date in the portal and with the PowerShell cmdlet Get-AzRecoveryServicesBackupRecoveryPoint.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. file share backup monitoring

Currently Backup for Azure File shares doesn't send log to log analytics. For monitoring purpose backup of azure file share should be send logs to LA like azure vm backup do.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simply recover access file

To repair and recovers non accessible ms access database use Access file Recovery Software which is intelligent solution to fix all corruption issues in ACCDB and MDB database files and saves all the deleted records and objects like indexes, queries, relations and tables, on new database. This software is capable to repair corrupt access database and fix all access errors. So before starting to recover your files, you should take a backup of already corrupted data. This backup will help in case of any damage that may happen to the originally corrupted MS Access database file during the recovery process.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Convert Outlook MSG Contacts files to VCF format

I must say according to my experience, MSG to VCF Converter is the best-suited solution to your problem. Once use this tool. I hope you will get a quick solution to your problem.
    For more info: https://www.mailvare.com/free-msg-to-vcf-converter/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How to migrate pst to mbox

Download This brilliant PST to MBOX Converter to extract Outlook PST to MBOX format along with their data items. It easily converts PST to MBOX format and allows users to import PST file to Thunderbird or any other MBOX based email clients such as Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, Opera Mail, and many more. It provides the complete conversion from Outlook PST to MBOX format along with their data items such as Outlook emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and much more. this tool is so amazing with great users interface and GUI.

Download link:- emailsoftwares com/pst-to-mbox-converter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Would need to see additional options for Weeky, Monthly and Yearly backups for Azure Files. Without this option we can’t use Azure Files.

Additional options for Weekly, Monthly and Yearly backups for Azure Files. We wouldn’t be able to use Azure Files without this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Files Backup - Store Data in Recovery Services Vault

Right now, Azure Files automates the snapshots for Azure Files within the Storage Account. But if you then delete the file share, the data is gone. It would be nice to see Azure Files snapshots get copied to the vault so you can restore your Azure Files even if your file share has been deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exchange server edb files recovery tool

This Exchange Mailbox Recovery Software makes use of robust scanning algorithms to search for recoverable items within corrupted EDB file. It then performs EDB recovery by restoring all items into a new PST file which can be imported into MS Outlook to access mailbox contents like emails, contacts, attachments, calendar entries etc.It supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.

Download link:- https://www.emailsoftwares.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is restoration possible even after your azure in open credits are over?

My Azure in Open credits is over. Soon I will be adding credits to the subscription. For my subscription, I have only one service i.e. Azure Backup for Files and Folders. Is it possible for me to restore files even though my credits are over?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base