Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ExpressRoute and Azure Backup

Azure ExpressRoute enables me to send large amounts of data to the Azure datacenter over a private, secure, reliable and low-latency circuit. I want the ability to send my backup data over an ExpressRoute circuit

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Volume Sizes That are higher than 1.7TB In Windows 2008 Server.

It looks like Azure Backup does not work with Volume Sizes that are higher than 1.7TB on Windows server 2008 R2 SP1. Many companies are still using Windows server 2008 out there and they would welcome this feature. Now it's available on Server 2012. Thanks.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Backup Agent for QNAP

This backup agent should only transfer over the wire the changed bits of a modified file.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Solve that Azure Backup agent resets the online retention policy to default

We have found that for some reason when the Azure Backup agent doesn’t agree with our settings for backup times/recovery points, the settings are reset to their default values.
    When we set these backup times, it reverts to the default schedule without any warning. You’ll find out about this the next time you change the protection group.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow recovery in another server without VaultCredentials

I wanted to create an automated daily recovery (powershell) in another server, then found out that I needed VaultCredentials. Would be great if I could use somekind of VaultCredentials with longer-than 2-day expiry

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add better logs to Windows Azure Backup Manager

When a warning is raised in the Event Log, the associated Details tab contains very little information. For example, I am getting Error code 1073841907. What does it mean, where can I look it up?
    The logs (.Errlog) are even more cryptic. Add a decent log, not something that is useful only to the product team.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Agent Version" Column at "Registered items" list in Azure portal web sites.

I want to manage Azure Backup Agent Version of All Registered items in azure portal web sites.
    If the "Registered items" list have the "Agent Version" column, I can verify all agent version of our servers, and can update older agents.

Scenario : Azure Backup start new price from 4/1/2015.
    and, the Azure Backup Agent version for new price need "2.0.8704.0".
    I need to find older Azure Backup Agent, and update it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base