Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup of large volumes 500TB into Azure cool/cold/archive storage from Hadoop&ADLS

Backup of large volumes 500TB into Azure cool/cold/archive storage.
    Customer who have implemented Hadoop (Cloudera) and ADLS in the large scale need backup solution similar to tape on premise. It could be COLD solution i.e .cheep storage by expensive to retrieve data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File Consistant to App consistant now always Crash Consistant?

My backups were alternating from file/app consistent to now always crash consistent. Can someone tell me what causes this change? What is the ideal backup consistency? Can I control the consistency? Thanks - SNS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. azure files Snapshot limitations

I'm confused. Is the limit for the number of backups a hard 200 snapshots? I want to use long retention times (10 years) for backing up Azure files and 200 snapshot will not even get me a single year based on a backup per day. Am I missing something in the documentation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base