How can we improve Azure Backup?

Backup on-premises SQL DB to Azure, Test-restore the DB to a SQL server running in an IaaS VM

I want to on-premises backup SQL DBs to Azure and test the sanity of the backup point by restoring it to an Azure IaaS VM which has SQL server installed in it

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminThe Azure Team on UserVoice (Product Owner, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or alternatively, restore to SQL server on a VM that is in a different subscription. The use case here is validating our production system backup - we don't have any non-production SQL servers in the same location/subscription.

We do have some in a different Dev/test subscription because of our Visual Studio/MSDN licencing - they're all on connected VNETs and the subscriptions are linked so all managed through the same portal login. I don't really want to spin up a new SQL server just for a test restore and not in my production subscription. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

• Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, usually I use the Ahsay Online Backup software. It is an advanced disk-to-disk-to-disk (D2D2D) backup solution for Businesses and MSPs / VARs. It comes with the most comprehensive features that can fulfill all the on-premises backup, online backup, offsite backup, and cloud backup needs of nowadays businesses. At the same time, it is the most affordable backup solution available in the market. For more information check this:http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index.jsp?pageContentKey=ahsay_products_overview

Feedback and Knowledge Base