How can we improve Azure Backup?

multiple backups per VM per day

You have GOT to be kidding me, you can ONLY backup an Azure VM ONCE a day?! What the heck Microsoft?! We MUST have the option to backup a VM as MANY TIMES A DAY as we choose. We are paying for the backup, the storage, and the VM so why do you guys prevent this? I feel like I am dealing with a new company in the 90's but no, its Microsoft the biggest bunch of backwards thinking company there is. This is why I go open source, only MS for clients. Because of this backwards design, my client lost TWO DAYS of work because we can only backup a VM once a day. Windows updates applied on a Friday evening, killing the machine, non-boot, so it went by until Monday, guess what, we had to RECOVER back to the day prior, losing anything on Friday and over the weekend. Thankfully the weekend was no work because the office was closed for the weekend, but we lost ALL of Friday!!! I was ashamed to tell my client this, they "thought" it was "safe" in Microsoft cloud, YEAH RIGHT! Sorry, client, because of a faulty update, and because of the dumb design, you lost 3 days of VM backups! I know it was an update that crushed the VM because I opened and escalated a ROOT CAUSE from the Azure team, they confirmed it.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc