How can we improve Azure Backup?

Email notification bor successfull backup of files

please add an option to receive alerts by mail when backup succeed. For all kinds of backups.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Laurent G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been using Power Bi for a week now and it gives daily reports - nice. However it will cost $10/month to get the report to one person. PLUS the storage for the report data will cost a few cents to add insult to injury.
    So if you want a report, you can get it if you just throw enough money at it.

I think it can be done now with a Power Bi Pro account.
    The instructions are in your Recovery Services Vault:
    - select backup reports
    - follow directions to create a storage account ($) and link diagnostic data.
    - Wait 24 hours
    - then sign in to Power Bi (same account as your Azure) and Get Data, Services, Azure Backup (use the key authentication from your storage account under Access Keys
    - Wait 10 minutes
    - Upgrade to Power Bi Pro ($$)
    - Share reports ??? - I didn't get this far since this is starting to cost real money and I don't have approval yet.

It would be nice (and legally needed) to know that the backup is running and not stopped.
    Help file says:
    What alert types are available for Azure IaaS VM backup?
    Alert Level Alerts sent
    Informational currently, no informational alerts are available for Azure VM backup

NO INFORMATIONAL ALERTS!? Well I'm not going to tell you what I'm going to do about this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base