How can we improve Azure Backup?

Recovery Services: Allow restoring individual VHDs from restore point

Currently Recovery Services "Restore disks" restores all disks. It would be great if you could only restore selected individual disks.

E.g., right now I'm waiting for 128+50+1023 GB VHDs of a single VM being restored, and I wouldn't need the 1023GB one, so I have plenty of time to write this suggestion :)

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jussi Palo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for our organization we currently have the same thing.
    We have multiple servers with 10+ disks, going up to 10TB total data. (For instance sharepoint servers + databases running on azure)
    It is not so useful to have to wait for 9TB of data when maybe only 127GB on the OS disk is required to be restored.

• Aleksander Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's the same I had Jussi. I needed to restore the os disk of a broken vm that wren't able to boot up anymore. No Azure issue, it was a issue inside the vm.

The vm had one 127GB os disk and a 1TB data disk. I had to wait the whole 1.1TB to be restored, before I could give the healthy os disk to the broken vm an get it up and running again.

Okay, to be honest, I hadn't to wait, but I had to use the right time slot and an unsupported way to get my vhd file.

But I think this should be possible oob.

Feedback and Knowledge Base