Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup On-Premises VM to Azure and Restore the VM in Azure

When creating a new machine an Option to select an backup for restore would be great.

1,318 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    unplanned  ·  34 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Migrate data from GRS to LRS

I have an existing vault that uses GRS storage. I want to make use of the new LRS storage available. However this LRS choice is available only to new vaults created.

I don't want to lose the data that has already been backed up to Azure. Can I migrate my data and vault from GRS storage to LRS storage?

839 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    unplanned  ·  33 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seeding a large Azure Backup Server restore using export service

We can seed initial backup to Azure backup Vault using the import service but we cannot seed a large restore using the Export service. Restoring a large volume of data could take several days or even weeks!

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    unplanned  ·  3 comments  ·  Offline Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base