Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SBCGlobal Email Login

Very informative and great content. And if you use email in personal or professional ways then come to SBCGlobal Email Log in and click here to send mails to you dear ones https://www.usatechblog.com/blog/sbcglobal-email-login/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Backup Fails with Storage Replica Enabled

Currently, our Azure backup fails with Storage Replica enabled. How can we exclude the SR log volume from being backed up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Backup - Cartelle di rete

Sarebbe utile implementare la possibilità di effettuare il Backup dei dischi e unità di rete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better restore options

The "Instant File Recovery from Cloud using Azure Backup" which is in the preview is a horrible way to restore files. Since Azure Backup retains the files and folder permissions it is not possible to restore files and folders that have been restricted unless you know to the precise path of the file. Most users do not know this path due to mapped drives and/or shares that do not reflect the true path on the files server.

Since the mounted VHD files from Azure Backup is not a writable media it is not possible to reset the permissions, thus you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need to simplify file recovery from backups.

I could not follow "Recover files from Azure virtual machine backup". It was my 1st attempt.

The above does not clearly state the need to complete the process on a different system with the same operating system as the vm. (I tried it on my Windows 10 PC and my own Ubuntu vm).

Working with Diego Vega (Support Engineer) I was able to recover the file I needed. His help, by the way, was excellent and professional.

The solution was to create an new vm, download a script, run the file recovery process, download the file I needed to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. False backup failure alert should be stopped for passive cluster node

Currently we have backup scheduled for SQL which runs on a two node cluster. We are getting backup failure from the passive node.

Ideally backup will happen only on active node. Hence there should be some intelligence built into backup solution so that it doesn't generate notification for passive nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. supported disk size still shows as 1 TB in portal

while azure supports upto 4 TB, we are seeing limit as 1 TB in portal. This needs to be fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable Azure Backup at Narrow Network bandwitdh

I want to disable Azure Backup at narrow network bandwidth,
    and enable it at width network bandwidth.
    Narrow = under 1 Gbps, like 3G, 4G, ...
    Wide = over 1 Gbps. like Wi-Fi, ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Command Line to restore deleted VM backup with soft delete enabled

What is equivalent command line to restore deleted VM backup items ?
    azure powershell
    azure cli
    rest api

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MBOX to PST Converter tool

If you want to Convert MBOX File to PST format, then your search might end here. I suggest you MBOX to PST Converter software. MBOX supports multiple email clients such as Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird, etc. The user can use the new function-selective conversion that exports MBOX items and folders to a PST file. All MS Outlook versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 etc. are also supported.

Visit here: https://www.kdetools.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Azure VM restore one click

Here's an idea...how about you make restoring an existing VM one-click?
    I know..revolutionary idea.
    The amount of unnecessary complexity involved in restoring a VM is simply ridiculous.
    Im guessing 99.99% of users would just want to rollback an existing VM to a previous version.
    They dont want to create a new VM. They dont want to create new disks in a different storage account.
    They dont want to spend an hour in powershell trying to get blob copy to work puzzling over cryptic error messages.
    How about you simplify the restore process because the current process is simply dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Microsoft Azure Backup app to see full path when selecting Volumes

We use Microsoft Azure Backup Server on-premise to backup VMs and other servers on-site.
    If we use Microsoft Azure Backup to try to restore data, for instance individual files from an Online backup, when try selecting the Volume/Data, all we can see is a tiny bit of the path.
    We see "C:\Program" instead of the full path that is similar to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Backup\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System\vol_GUID.
    So, we have to pick one entry and let it show the available dates and hope that it is the right one -- we can see the full path on the "Browse And Recover…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email feature for Backup Reports

We dont have this option as of today to send out the email reports of all the backups job status . Do we have any ETA for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Autodiscover VM to backup in other subscription

The backup vault has this nice feature to autodiscover and deploy the backup agents to the VM on the same subscription (no need to get the credential and install the agent the VM like with the on-prem scenario)
    A good practice is to secure the backup vault in a dedicated subscription (to save backups not at the same place ad the VM) but in that case the autodiscovery" feature does not work anymore.
    It would be great to be able to autodeploy agents on VM from other subscriptions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to migrate Zimbra to Office 365

If you want to migrate Zimbra to Office 365 account then you can try a third-party tool like Zimbra to Office 365 Converter. The software allows the user to migrate Zimbra file to Office 365 and Exchange server account. The tool maintains Zimbra items such as emails, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, journals, and etc.

Read More: http://www.zimbra-converter.com/office-365/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is restoration possible even after your azure in open credits are over?

My Azure in Open credits is over. Soon I will be adding credits to the subscription. For my subscription, I have only one service i.e. Azure Backup for Files and Folders. Is it possible for me to restore files even though my credits are over?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Safe software MBOX to PST Converter

There are many third party tools available in the market that convert MBOX files to PST format. But when it comes to a reliable and secure tool then you cannot find a better tool than KDETools MBOX to PST Converter. This tool supports MBOX files created with Apple Mail, Pocomail. Eudora, Spicebird, Entourage, Google takeout, Netscape, SeaMonkey, etc. The user can opt for a "Preview" function that will allow him to see and verify the complete information.

Read more information: https://www.kdetools.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Stack  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. MBOX to PST Converter software

For an easy and instant solution to migrate MBOX files to PST files, you can also try the help of perfect MBOX to PST converter software. This allows you to easily migrate your MBOX files from various email clients and save data in various file formats such as EML, EMLX, HTML, MSG. The software is user-friendly and simplifies the migration of MBOX emails in the simplest way:

See more details: https://www.kdetools.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Azure Stack  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base