Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

How can we improve Azure Backup?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. www.mcafee.com/activate

McAfee Activate For a higher level of protection with advanced features, you can purchase the McAfee Antivirus Plus. With this, you get complete protection and some features that you might require to protect your system against powerful viruses. This version comes with its own McAfee MAV retail card ,and you can use it to activate your copy and stay protected.

http://mcafeeactivateretailcardnow.com

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add MAB (MARS) support to Get-AzRecoveryServicesBackupJob

"Get Jobs cmdlet doesn't support MAB workloads. Even though the APIs support it, but the PowerShell module only supports AzureVM, AzureFiles, and AzureWorkload today."

Please add support.

https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/9263

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement CLI command that can export/import an entire Key Vault to a file.

If a customer wants to backup or restore the contents of a key vault, the customer is forced to export/import keys, secrets and certificates one by one.

There should be an Azure CLI command to export a Key Vault in its entirety, and the same with import, something like:

az keyvault backup --file <FileName> --vault-name <VaultName>

az keyvault restore --file <FileName> --vault-name <VaultName>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show expiry time of file share backups in portal and PowerShell

When creating a file share backup in the portal (see attached screenshot) or via PowerShell (with the cmdlet Backup-AzRecoveryServicesBackupItem and the parameter -ExpiryDateTimeUTC) a retention date is set. I would like to be able to view this date in the portal and with the PowerShell cmdlet Get-AzRecoveryServicesBackupRecoveryPoint.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add restore point overview to file share backups in RSV

When looking at a VM backup in a Recovery Services Vault there is an overview of the available restore points (see attached screenshot). I would like to have the same overview when looking at a file share backup in the RSV.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cost-effective solution to convert OST mailbox to PST?

Try OST to PST Conversion Tool that can be simply utilized to recover database of OST file by converting it into PST format. It is a cost-effective approach to convert mailbox of OST into PST format. The software easily converts all emails, email components like to, cc, bcc, sent, from, etc., and attachments. The program supports all MS Outlook versions – Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc. Both technical and non-technical users can operate the application easily without many difficulties. A demo edition is also available that allows converting 10 items of OST file into PST format. You…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Want an easy method for migrate OST to PST?

Hi, Please share any easy method for migrate OST to PST format. I'm unable to convert my OST files to PST files and fed up of manual method?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to request to add column "Backup Size" as per attached document in the Azure VM Backup Job dashboard in the Azure portal.

I would like to request to add column "Backup Size" as per attached document in the Azure VM Backup Job dashboard in the Azure portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Migrate NSF to PST

To migrate the data of Lotus Notes file to PST file format you can try NSF to PST Converter application that has multiple features. The single tool is equipped with multiple features. You can save your data into PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCal, vCard, MBOX, HTML and CSV along with entire items of NSF file like email, contact, inbox, sent item, delete item, draft, calendar, notes, contact, task, attachment, outbox (to, cc, bcc, subject, date and time). This utility easily works with all the version of Lotus Notes 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 safely. It gives a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Missing volume prevents schedule changes to be made

After a disk/volume dies backups fail. I want to be able to change the schedule without having to recreate the missing volume and all of the paths. I moved the files to another drive but cannot modify the schedule.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recovery Vault - per VM storage consumption stats

Currently i have a mix of VMs from different business units in a single Vault, due to a bad decision made by a predecessor. Because of our retention policies i cant delete the data. Therefore a method to retrieve the usage per VM is needed to cross charge the usage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow custom naming of Azure Backup Restore Point Collection RG

Allow us to rename the resource group for Azure Backup Restore Point Collection to match our naming conventions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exchange server edb files recovery tool

This Exchange Mailbox Recovery Software makes use of robust scanning algorithms to search for recoverable items within corrupted EDB file. It then performs EDB recovery by restoring all items into a new PST file which can be imported into MS Outlook to access mailbox contents like emails, contacts, attachments, calendar entries etc.It supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.

Download link:- https://www.emailsoftwares.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. RBAC roles for backup and restore

Currently it is not possible to fine-grain a role with permissions to allow specific users to perform a backup/restore separately from creating virtual machines.

We have several teams that should be able to perform their own backup/restore, but they are unable to do so because that implies a security risk where they could also deploy virtual machines manually.

There are situations like ours where people are only allowed to deploy virtual machines which adhere to security measures taken on an OS level, and thus should not be able to deploy virtual machines without them.
    However, being able to perform a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easiest way to Migrate GroupWise mailboxes into Exchange server

Many Groupwise users migrate their mailbox into Exchange because the Exchange server provides better services and regular updates as compared to Novell Groupwise. To perform a reliable Groupwise to Exchange migration, Shoviv Groupwise to Exchange migrator is a perfect choice. Using this wondering tool you efficiently migrate Groupwise archive as well as public folder directly into Exchange server public folder and archive mailbox. The tool is uniquely designed to meet the user's migration demands by granting them an efficient environment where they can easily achieve a hassle-free migration of multiple mailboxes with selective data items. Using its trial version, users…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Best Novell Groupwise to Outlook converter tool

Well, If one can want to convert their Groupwise mailboxes into Outlook PST format then, there are two possible solutions one manual method and the second one is a third-party tool which is an automated process. If you plan to export their mailboxes into Outlook PST format and you know nothing about technical terms then, I suggest trying a third-party tool which provides an efficient environment to convert Groupwise to Outlook PST format regardless of any manual method which requires lots of time technical expertise. Here I recommend a third-party tool named as Shoviv Groupwise to Outlook migration tool that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. azure vm backup policy - implement daylight saving time

Hello,

Unfortunately, summer time is not supported. Please refer below.

I want this feature because creating a backup strategy for a complete Azure infrastructure can be a big problem. It already makes sure that the backup runs at 2:00 o'clock or at 3:00 o'clock.

Many Greetings
    Fabrice

No. The date and time on your local computer is local with current daylight savings applied. The time set for scheduled backups might differ from the local time due to DST.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-vm-backup-faq#does-the-backup-policy-consider-daylight-saving-time-dst

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

20. When there is a problem with the backup target file, skip and backup other files. Also, please implement a detailed log that can be confirme

Normally, files locked by other applications are skipped, backups are taken, and skipped files are written in the log.
    However, other than the above cases (such as file corruption), the backup job stuck and an Issue occurred that the backup did not end. (In this case it was Active for over a week)
    If backup does not progress due to file check etc. for a certain period of time, please skip the backup of the corresponding file, and please implement "detailed log" is kept as to "which file" and "reason".
    Also, since skipped files can currently only be checked on…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base