Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Recover Service

I am currently testing the Recover Service to backup Azure based servers and have discovered that the agent has a requirement for the server to not have FIPS encryption setting turned on (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FIPSAlgorithmPolicy\Enabled = 1)

Turning this off reduces the security posture of the server and goes against our standard and security team requirements. Considering this is a show stopper for us is there any consideration to changing the requirement for FIPS to be turned off?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish compression and churn rate for every protected source

For planning and cost control it would be great to have statistics on the compression and churn rate for every ptotected source and at the vault level, if you don't hacve the time to expose them in the UI just give us a way to programmatically (webservice or POSH) access that information.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to name a backup job

I would like to name my backup in the client and have it appear in the portal.

Example: I'm backing up a specific folder(s) of D:\ not the whole drive. The entry in the portal could make others (or myself at a later date) believe D:\ is being backed up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Client Backup - Battery

If I have laptops on the road then those staff members might be generating data that needs to be protected. With modern machines they might have 8+ hours of battery life. For some roaming users, that's 2 days of data being created ... and not being protected by Azure Online Backup. It sounds like there is a false expectancy that users diligently plug in such devices every night - I know one person who charges her Ultrabook once or maybe twice per week.

Please give us the option to backup roaming devices while on battery. Maybe add in an option…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow recovery in another server without VaultCredentials

I wanted to create an automated daily recovery (powershell) in another server, then found out that I needed VaultCredentials. Would be great if I could use somekind of VaultCredentials with longer-than 2-day expiry

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update The Azure Storage Valut Dashboard Page quick glance to show the download of the tools for client backups

Now that Azure backup supports backing up of clients, I'd like to see the Storage Vault's Dashboard page updated to show the download of the agent for clients. The dashboard page currently shows just downloading tools for the client. See the attached file az1.png)s to see a screen shot of the page I am talking about.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Publish Aurez Backup API with an Azure SDK

A backup cloud service really need a documented protocol and client side API.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Backup Agent for QNAP

This backup agent should only transfer over the wire the changed bits of a modified file.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SharePoint Backup with Item Level Recovery

Please add SharePoint Backup. Also, when this is introduced it would be nice to have item level recovery built in so we do not have to restore an entire content database to retrieve one file.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Backup on-premises SQL DB to Azure, restore the DB to a SQL server running in an IaaS VM

I want to backup on-premises SQL DBs to Azure and restore them to an Azure IaaS VM which has SQL server installed in it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base