Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Backup succesful backup email notification

Azure Backup successful backup email notification.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add metrics like capacity to back up like in Azure Storage

when we back up servers we need to notify about exceeding capacity

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify MARS agent back job properties directly from Azure portal.

I'd be great to modify backup job details direclty from Azure Portal. Imagine having a server that is backing up D: volume. In order to change the volume from D: to C: I have to login locally to the server and do the change. Having a possibility of this change from Azure Portal would speed up the change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When enabling replication, add option to put objects in new Resource Group + Create new

From my perspective it would be nice to have the ability to select the post-failover Resource Group when i'm enabling replication. And also able to create a new Resource Group in this step.

Right now it will, if you don't manually create a resource group, and change it before test-failover/failover, put the objects in one big resource group. It will be a mess.

Furthermore, when editing the VM after replication, before test-failover and failover, it would be nice to be able to create a new resource group. Not only select ones already created (Like everywhere else in Azure)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Present retention weeks/months/years in Azure Recovery Services Agent dashboard/startpage (wabadmin.msc)

Currently only days are presented, which is misleading.. See attached file.

Small things matter, this minor improvement would be nice :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Triggering backup from dashboard report

If we find any backup failure in the report - we should have facility to drill down to the appropriate vault and trigger (or reinitiate) backup for the failed one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Backup in other subscriptions

Today we cannot backup virtual machines in other subscription then the subscription your recovery service belongs to. This would be a good feature to have, as you can have a central backup function for several subscriptions

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Formal workaround for standalone 'server' Backup Vault name collisions.

I want to backup files from lots of standalone (non-domain) Windows 2008+ servers and Windows 7 workstations distributed across many independent sites to a single subscription within our EA Azure, however there are too many identically named computers names to put one in each of the maximum 25 Backup Vaults in a single subscription. Spreading them across multiple subscriptions will make the overall management in Azure too difficult. It is not logistically or culturally feasible to fix this problem by neatly renaming the computers to have new unique names.

I see two potential solutions:

1) Getting these computers to talk…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In cases of an Ad-Hoc backup (versus a scheduled one) - I would like to type in a description of why the ad-hoc was taken

I use Azure recovery extensively for lab testing. Having a simple label associated with ad-hoc backup would be very useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. precheck

Allow creation of alerts for Azure Backup Pre-check failures and warnings.
    The Azure backup pre-checks are a great feature but without alerting the features falls short of customer expectations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. workstation backup : ability to have no planned backup, but can use "save now" option when I want

Hi,
    In the current version of the workstation agent, we must have a minimum of one policy, and here I mean with a specific time to be executed. I noticed that if my machine is down (let's say supposed to backup at noon), and if I turn it on 2 hours later backup will start while I am working
    that would be fantastic to have a policy, but not force any specific time to be executed. Then, when I want, just need to click the "save now" button, with no impact on my work and if home no impact on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. mcafee.com/activate - enter product key |retail card

visit mcafee.com/activate offers an expansive activation of security answers for windows and macintosh clients. with mcafee things on your contraption, you can guarantee the entire security of your information, programming and applications. mcafee antivirus likewise guarantees safe examining and safe downloading of the noteworthy number of affiliations you download from your email.
    Visit:-http://retailcard-activation.com/
    http://quickproductactivate.com/
    http://quick-product-activation.com/
    http://now-mcafee.com/
    http://instal-office.com/
    http://en-us-office.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. powershell

Enable execution of Azure Automation runbooks as pre and post scripts, possibly as an option within Backup Policy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Defect with Get-AzureRmRecoveryServicesBackupProtectionPolicy on MAC OS

Get-AzureRmRecoveryServicesBackupProtectionPolicy runs fine on Windows but dies on MacOS when running this procedure. MAC OS version 10.13.4, Powershell version v6.1.0-preview.3. I would appreciate if you could report this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. how can we setup the cap on actual consumption of the Recovery services that we are using for eg data storage max 50 tb.

User want to set an alert for his recovery services when his consumption reaches to 50 TB.

Also wants to setup an alert for money/Bill for this consumption if this reaches beyond a limit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. recovrey password pst file

How to recover password in PST file?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Backup

Azure Backup It is strange that when you take an old piece of software and give it a new name, and you really want us to use this... that you don't make sure that it is actually working. I am an administrator, we have azure... I have been given the task to create a new backup setup, I make a trial version of a Vault in the Azure, but the credentials are not valid to use for Azure Backup installation,,,, Same old Microsoft.

You have once again killed the DPM by messing it up,,, Me I for sure will go…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add option to monitor who has restored something

It would be nice if one could Monitor which user account was used for restoring something

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. recovery services management interface bug

While trying to use the management interface for backups and examining a backup vault, none of the tabs along the top ("registered items", "protected items", "configure, etc") respond to click in Win8.1/IE11. The interface stays on the default "dashboard" tab.

These same items work as expected in Chrome.

I'm sorry I don't know what other configuration information may be useful to reproduce this problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base