Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cross Tenant Support For Azure Backup Reporting

The preview for Azure Backup Reporting only supports exporting data to a storage account in the same tenant. This means that MS partners cannot use the solution - in most cases each managed customer has their own tenant.

The alternative approach, creating multiple instances in Power BI and pinning duplicate reports to a single dashboard will not work.

Please make it possible to export RSV data to a storage account in another tenant, e.g. storage account name + access key.

271 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  11 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need detailed report on file / folder size backed up

It is nice to be able to run Get-OBJob -previous 1 and see a report of the total size of data backed up per resource (C drive, D Drive, etc), but I am looking for a report that shows the total size of each file/folder backed up in that specific resource set.

I need to be able to quickly determine where my larger sized backed up files/folders are.

As it stands now i can only see this data at the drive level. I need this more granular.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add The Failed Files\Folders To The Alert Mail

When I receive an email alert that my job has 'completed with warnings' it would be good to see the files\folders it has failed on instead of me having to connect to the server each time.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Publish compression and churn rate for every protected source

For planning and cost control it would be great to have statistics on the compression and churn rate for every ptotected source and at the vault level, if you don't hacve the time to expose them in the UI just give us a way to programmatically (webservice or POSH) access that information.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Backup Reporting and Notifications

Please provide a central location to view comprehensive backup success/failure logs and the ability to generate reports, spanning multiple backup vaults and regions. Ability to customise email notifications as well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure backup alerts initigration with Azure log analytics

I would like to inject Azure backup job failure alerts in to Azure log analytics to have more control over the alerting.

Azure backup can only send email notification. By integrating Azure backup with log analytics will give more options like execute runbooks etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Azure Backup/Site Recovery job status to Health Report (WS2016 Essentials)

Please embed Azure Backup status in the daily Health Reports for Windows Server 2016 Essential servers. This report now issues critical warnings that no backups are being made as I'm not using the local backup feature but Azure Backup instead. This gives my org the idea that no backups are being made and that they are not compliant to the health care regulations. #Compliance

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simple Report which pulls the Backup failure/Success with an archived history of 30 days

Simple customizable report which pulls the Backup failure/Success with an archived history of 30 days.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Detailed usage report showned in both OMS and Azure Backup

I would like to see a drill down usage report and diagram for Azure Backup. I would also be nice to see the level of compression (DeDupe) that is done within the cloud on the backup storage.

This will provide better insight into customers usage at a detailed level for each virtual machine or disk level

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improved azure backup data and statistics

It would be great if Azure could provide more detailed backup information for Aure VM's backed up to Vaults.

The following metrics would be great:
    1. The amount of data transferred to the Vault when a snapshot/backup has been taken
    2. The amount of space used for an each snapshot that a VM has.
    3. The total space used for snaps/backups by a VM

These netric should also be made available by APIs, powershell etc

This would take the guess work out of load balancing VMs, as per MS azure best practice and would enable as to script and automate…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add email verification for successful backup jobs in Azure

Add email verification for successful backup jobs in Azure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get List or An options to see of virtual machines&Apps that do not have Backup enabled in Gui

I want to get List or an option to see of virtual machines&Apps that do not have Backup enabled in Gui. I don't want to deal with Powershell. Plese add a basic list option or a report in Portal gui. We have more than 20 sub.
    It would be to see it standart vm list menu on portal. We need a new column, that backup vault name or backup status(like on off, active inactive). same for apps.
    Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Network Throughput

We usually have our network throughput included in our backup/restore reports. Since Azure backup services has the ability to backup our On-premise server, is it possible to get the Network Throughput as well so we can benchmark our backup or restore operation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base