Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Migrate data from GRS to LRS

I have an existing vault that uses GRS storage. I want to make use of the new LRS storage available. However this LRS choice is available only to new vaults created.

I don't want to lose the data that has already been backed up to Azure. Can I migrate my data and vault from GRS storage to LRS storage?

509 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    unplanned  ·  18 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Read-Access GRS Storage for Backup/Recovery Services Vaults.

Many use cases for DR-BCP involve recovery testing on quarterly or biannual basis. Having access to a RA-GRS recovery vault in paired region would enable these BCP best practices for recovery from backups as a DR strategy.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Administrative Management on Soft Delete on Backup

There are instances where customer would like to purge the previous Backup Data and start afresh but the limitation to trigger new Backup after 14 days do not let them to suffice the requirement. Also, if we want to change the recovery service vault to configure new Backup, it doesn't allow it to configure instantly and hence, it would be highly recommended to provide administrative access on soft delete if it can be disabled to configure new backup and then can be re-enabled.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for storage tiering in Azure backup

Add support for some kind of storage tier in Azure Backup that moves older snapshot/backup copies from hot to cold storage.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Setting a storage redundant type by Azure Resource Manager template

Currently we can change storage redundant type by using Azure portal, PowerShell or Azure CLI once we create Recovery Services Vault. Some customers usually deploy resources using ARM template, so they would like to set LRS as backup configuration by template as well. It would be great if we can set storage redundant type by template as we deploy Recovery Services Vault.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure Backup Retention Policy - to retain X backup copies

Instead of specifying Retention Policy in terms of time periods (retain for X days/weeks/months/years), it is also useful to keep backup in terms of numbers of copies (retain X copies).

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Backup space used in Azure Backup Vault.

I wish to know what has used the space in: "Total Storage Consumed In Azure"

I have no real idea what has used all the space in my vault.

Thxs Chris

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update Azure Backup Recovery Vault Create wizard to include type of replication (LRS/GRS)

Update Azure Backup Recover Vault Create wizard to include type of replication instead of default to GRS without any warning to user that Recovery Vault will use expensive option for replication. Either allow global setting of default to LRS or GRS for Recovery Vault or include in initial creation questions which to use

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for WORM (Write Once Read Many) storage backup

WORM backup is usually required for meeting compliance.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Backup the Azure Virtual Machine to different region's Vault

I want to save the cost of backup, and want to save from the disaster.

I want to backup my Azure Virtual Machines on West Japan region
    to Azure Backup Vault on East Japan region.
    and set the Azure Backup Vault's configure replication to LRS.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Want to know what is the retention period of the backup data if we choose 'backup now' without setting any policy

The above mentioned question is based on the case that I came across where my schedule backup failed on Saturday and I wanted to take backup immediately but the next backup was due the next week. Therefore I wanted to know what would be the retention if I choose 'Backup Now' option.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would like to extend the maximum number of recovery points to something greater then 64

I would like to have more recovery points for a retention range to be greater the 64

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow changing the storage type without re-registering the agent

Allow changing the storage type LRS / GRS without re-registering the agent.
    Today it's not possible to do in without moving the agent to a new vault.
    If the storage is LRS it's not possible to change to GRS from the web interface and vice versa

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for multipolicy/mutilple vaults.

It would be great if a V2 VM could be backed up to more than one vault. That way we can have a backup of a VM sitting in an LRS SA and another in a GRS SA vs just being able to choose one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Multiple Accounts in Backup Solution

Cross-filling per comment from the following submission: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/267889-log-analytics/suggestions/9337566-allow-multiple-accounts-in-backup-solution

For the Backup solution, need to be able to add more than one vault account.

Right now the Site Recovery Solution will only allow you to display 1 Recovery Vault. What if you have multiple Recovery Vaults? You can't add additional Solutions in order to list them all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recovery Vault - per VM storage consumption stats

Currently i have a mix of VMs from different business units in a single Vault, due to a bad decision made by a predecessor. Because of our retention policies i cant delete the data. Therefore a method to retrieve the usage per VM is needed to cross charge the usage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to change the retention for existing existing backup / recovery point

Please can you provide the ability to change the retention for existing existing backup / recovery point

If a restore request comes in, and the recovery point is due to expire shortly the data may be lost.

also, a customer may ask for specific data to be retained longer.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is quite strange that MS Azure doesnt have a solution for backing up Storage Accounts, i logged a call to MS support and there's no soln.

Request you to please provide a backup solution for storage accounts like there is backup solution for VM's i.e Azure Backup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to Install McAfee Total Protection | Mcafee.com/activate

McAfee Activate - McAfee antivirus provides end to end protection to the Windows, Macs, iPhone, Android with the high-level security. Protection from spam and sensitive information theft is also offered by this widely famous and popular antivirus brand. For more info: www.mcafee.com/activate.

Our MacAfee technical support services are reliable because of the following:

*99.9% resolution rate
    *No wait time
    *Instant technical support
    *Fix other issues related Mcafee.com/myaccount.
    *100% safe and secure remote connection
    *Complete transparency with the customers
    * More details click here my own website http://www.activate--mcafee.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base