Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DPM 2019 UR2

U have to consider your product before releasing as I'm using it in the production environment and I refused other third party BKUP softwares.

Faced that the console takes and consumes time while starting the DPM which is unexpected.

Faced an issue with modifying the protection groups already created which it will crashed the dpm console in case of any update to the PG which is also unexpected ... knowing that the option to re-create the protection group is impoosible as it will release all the protected data.

Faced an issue with the disk attached to the DPM .. incase…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SCDPM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to backup mails

Easily backup your mails with the help of an efficient Mail Backup X tool. The main reason I suggest this tool is because of it's automated backup and error free feature. It helps in the multiple backup of files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. office setup

The office is one of the best tools to work with. This is easy and yet the most powerful productivity tool that can turn your productivity problems to dust within no time. Many offices and businesses are regular customers for the Microsoft Office Productivity tool. https://klmsoffice.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Migrate Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST

Download ATS Lotus Notes Migration Toolkit which is designed with latest and advanced technology. It provides a safe, reliable & result oriented solution that safely resolves all the corruption issues and restores all the lotus notes items from NSF files including – tasks, calendars, notes, deleted items, drafts, contacts, images, journals, address books, and other items. It is workable with all the Windows Operating System (32-bit & 64-bit). This conversion toolkit eligible to migrate single or multiple NSF files to PST file at a time. With the help of this toolkit, the user can safely migrate any large size NSF…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I should be able to restore my VMs from the Recovery Services Vault to any region, not just the paired region where the GRS vault backups ar

I should be able to replicate my Recovery Services Vault to a region of my choice, not just the paired region. I should be able to restore my backups that are in the vault to any region I choose.

AND, your Cross Region Restore steps are not documented anywhere that I can find. Microsoft documentation is the absolute worst in the industry. Seems to be written by people who write the code and have a level of inside information as opposed to writing it for the perspective of someone who knows nothing and needs to learn.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Looking For Top And The Best Web Design Company

If you are looking for top website design company, then there is only one option that can provide you the best website design at very affordable price. which you will not be able to get in the market anywhere. To know more just visit: https://www.spencerkinney.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Non Local Admin Rights to Manage Azure Backup

We have a scenario where our local site servers are managed by 3rd Party A from an operating system perspective but they have Azure Backup installed which is managed by 3rd Party B. I have made aware that for Party B to manage Azure Backup including restores they need local Admin access which Party A are reluctant to give for obvious reasons.

Please can we work it so that users only need to be put in Backup Operators (for example) in order to do this management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it freaking easier to install

I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a month to get a simple cloud backup going for our Windows server.
    I have been led down one wrong path after another and many times it seems there are 15 steps involved in what should be 1 step.it still is not working. I am looking for other options from other providers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation.

I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation. Not simply backup files, but the whole system so in case of a disaster, we can easely recover it from AZURE as VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: Typo on Backup Vault configuration page

There is a typo on the Backup Vault -> Configure page for the storage replication's tool-tip, where it says: "The Geo-Redundant option maintains 3 copies of your data locally and 3 copties in a secondary storage region." As you can see the copies is misspelled the second time as "copties".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why the Canon Printer Error Code 5012 Occurs?

There are several technical issues that you can experience while using Canon Printers. One such problem is error code 5012. Canon Pixma Error Code 5012 creates a disturbance in the printer and makes it unable to print documents. You can apply any of the following methods to fix the problem:
    • First of all, cancel all the print queued with the print machine.
    • You can also shut down your printer and keep it in a stable position for a while.
    • Plug out the power cables from the printing device and power sockets.
    • Don’t forget to check whether…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SBCGlobal Email Login

Very informative and great content. And if you use email in personal or professional ways then come to SBCGlobal Email Log in and click here to send mails to you dear ones https://www.usatechblog.com/blog/sbcglobal-email-login/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Azure Backup Fails with Storage Replica Enabled

Currently, our Azure backup fails with Storage Replica enabled. How can we exclude the SR log volume from being backed up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Backup - Cartelle di rete

Sarebbe utile implementare la possibilità di effettuare il Backup dei dischi e unità di rete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better restore options

The "Instant File Recovery from Cloud using Azure Backup" which is in the preview is a horrible way to restore files. Since Azure Backup retains the files and folder permissions it is not possible to restore files and folders that have been restricted unless you know to the precise path of the file. Most users do not know this path due to mapped drives and/or shares that do not reflect the true path on the files server.

Since the mounted VHD files from Azure Backup is not a writable media it is not possible to reset the permissions, thus you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How Would I Troubleshoot Lexmark Printer Problems?

Whenever you get into troubleshooting Lexmark printer problems, you need to look at a couple of things about your printer. Here’s what you need to do:
    • Make sure that both your computer and the Lexmark printer are connected to your network. Then restart your printer and see if there are any glitches.
    • Also, check if there is any paper stuck in the machine.
    • When your printer works with a wireless network, ensure that the networking device has no issue with the internet connection.
    If you think the issue wouldn’t be sorted out, you can go for the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to simplify file recovery from backups.

I could not follow "Recover files from Azure virtual machine backup". It was my 1st attempt.

The above does not clearly state the need to complete the process on a different system with the same operating system as the vm. (I tried it on my Windows 10 PC and my own Ubuntu vm).

Working with Diego Vega (Support Engineer) I was able to recover the file I needed. His help, by the way, was excellent and professional.

The solution was to create an new vm, download a script, run the file recovery process, download the file I needed to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. supported disk size still shows as 1 TB in portal

while azure supports upto 4 TB, we are seeing limit as 1 TB in portal. This needs to be fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base