Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option for IaaS restore of VM to not automatically start

Currently, a restore VM will start automatically, which will cause the restored data to change since applications / jobs will run. And it can cause conflicts if that system tries to interact with other systems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to convert MBOX to PST

The MBOX to PST Converter software is one of the most popular and secure solutions that export MBOX files to PST format and enable multiple email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, Pocomail, etc. This software is compatible with Outlook versions like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 etc. The user can import any file size as there are no restrictions without data corruption.

Visit here: https://www.kdetools.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please offer simple Disaster Recovery set up option for clients who are using cloud service like AWS. In India

In India, AWS has data centre only in Mumbai. As per Government of India Disaster Recovery (DR) requirement the DR set up should be in different seismic zone and atleast 300 kms apart. Many AWS customers in India, like me would also become your customer if you launch this service. Also, GOI does not allow data to be located outside India. Hence cant use AWS international data centres.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gmail Password: How to Change/Reset It?

With changing the scenario of the tech world, the Gmail has been made its every bit of vigor inside the users’ minds. To reset the Forgot my Gmail password, although, one of the easiest tasks one can have, some of its users are showing the inability to do so. If this is the case, you must contact our representatives immediately.
    https://www.supportforusa.com/blog/how-to-recover-gmail-account-if-you-forgot-your-password/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A disappointing solution

Original French version as a result:

I've been working with the Azure backup server solution since November 2019. Despite the fact that I opened several tickets and lost a lot of hours of work, we never had a fully successful backup schedule. It's a shame, because the solution still costs us expensive in cloud storage. But we have the impression that every time a Technician at Microsoft plugs in, he improvises and tries registry keys and other patents.

For us, this solution is very disappointing and does not meet the quality standard that Microsoft should require of their solutions. Thank…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DPM current branch updates available and installed via console

Making current branch updates available for download and install via the DPM console is something that would make the management of current branch updates easier. The SCCM team do a great job of in-console updates and a similar method would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SCDPM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thunderbird to Outlook Converter

Choose the perfect software Thunderbird Converter. This software easily converts multiple file formats such as MSG, EML, EMLX, PDF, HTML, etc. Thunderbird Converter tool perfectly performs the migration of data from various email clients like Apple Mail, Pocomail. Eudora, Spicebird, Entourage, Google takeout, Netscape, SeaMonkey, etc. It gives Split features to Split large PST File into small PST File.

Read more: http://www.mboxmails.com/thunderbird-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. trendmicro

Trendmicro user-friendly platform where you can easily purchase and download the subscribed Trendmicro products.The online and offline threats are always looking for the device which is weakened and not having an antivirus program. If once threats inject on the device, it starts slowing down the device, lost the files and created many issues. Trend Micro Antivirus safeguard the device from all these kinds of problems.https://tbestbuypc.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Non Local Admin Rights to Manage Azure Backup

We have a scenario where our local site servers are managed by 3rd Party A from an operating system perspective but they have Azure Backup installed which is managed by 3rd Party B. I have made aware that for Party B to manage Azure Backup including restores they need local Admin access which Party A are reluctant to give for obvious reasons.

Please can we work it so that users only need to be put in Backup Operators (for example) in order to do this management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it freaking easier to install

I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a month to get a simple cloud backup going for our Windows server.
    I have been led down one wrong path after another and many times it seems there are 15 steps involved in what should be 1 step.it still is not working. I am looking for other options from other providers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation.

I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation. Not simply backup files, but the whole system so in case of a disaster, we can easely recover it from AZURE as VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug: Typo on Backup Vault configuration page

There is a typo on the Backup Vault -> Configure page for the storage replication's tool-tip, where it says: "The Geo-Redundant option maintains 3 copies of your data locally and 3 copties in a secondary storage region." As you can see the copies is misspelled the second time as "copties".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SBCGlobal Email Login

Very informative and great content. And if you use email in personal or professional ways then come to SBCGlobal Email Log in and click here to send mails to you dear ones https://www.usatechblog.com/blog/sbcglobal-email-login/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Backup Fails with Storage Replica Enabled

Currently, our Azure backup fails with Storage Replica enabled. How can we exclude the SR log volume from being backed up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure Backup - Cartelle di rete

Sarebbe utile implementare la possibilità di effettuare il Backup dei dischi e unità di rete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better restore options

The "Instant File Recovery from Cloud using Azure Backup" which is in the preview is a horrible way to restore files. Since Azure Backup retains the files and folder permissions it is not possible to restore files and folders that have been restricted unless you know to the precise path of the file. Most users do not know this path due to mapped drives and/or shares that do not reflect the true path on the files server.

Since the mounted VHD files from Azure Backup is not a writable media it is not possible to reset the permissions, thus you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need to simplify file recovery from backups.

I could not follow "Recover files from Azure virtual machine backup". It was my 1st attempt.

The above does not clearly state the need to complete the process on a different system with the same operating system as the vm. (I tried it on my Windows 10 PC and my own Ubuntu vm).

Working with Diego Vega (Support Engineer) I was able to recover the file I needed. His help, by the way, was excellent and professional.

The solution was to create an new vm, download a script, run the file recovery process, download the file I needed to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. False backup failure alert should be stopped for passive cluster node

Currently we have backup scheduled for SQL which runs on a two node cluster. We are getting backup failure from the passive node.

Ideally backup will happen only on active node. Hence there should be some intelligence built into backup solution so that it doesn't generate notification for passive nodes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base