Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Non Local Admin Rights to Manage Azure Backup

We have a scenario where our local site servers are managed by 3rd Party A from an operating system perspective but they have Azure Backup installed which is managed by 3rd Party B. I have made aware that for Party B to manage Azure Backup including restores they need local Admin access which Party A are reluctant to give for obvious reasons.

Please can we work it so that users only need to be put in Backup Operators (for example) in order to do this management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it freaking easier to install

I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a month to get a simple cloud backup going for our Windows server.
    I have been led down one wrong path after another and many times it seems there are 15 steps involved in what should be 1 step.it still is not working. I am looking for other options from other providers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation.

I suggest to have AZURE RECOVERY SERVICES be able to fully backup a WINDOWS 10 Workstation. Not simply backup files, but the whole system so in case of a disaster, we can easely recover it from AZURE as VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug: Typo on Backup Vault configuration page

There is a typo on the Backup Vault -> Configure page for the storage replication's tool-tip, where it says: "The Geo-Redundant option maintains 3 copies of your data locally and 3 copties in a secondary storage region." As you can see the copies is misspelled the second time as "copties".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure Backup Fails with Storage Replica Enabled

Currently, our Azure backup fails with Storage Replica enabled. How can we exclude the SR log volume from being backed up?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is no detail on "Resource Group". What's this and what to choose?

When I tried to enable backup, there is this item "Resource Group" but there is no documentation of what is this and what to choose, when I clicked Learn More.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/backup/backup-azure-vms-first-look-arm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exchange server edb files recovery tool

This Exchange Mailbox Recovery Software makes use of robust scanning algorithms to search for recoverable items within corrupted EDB file. It then performs EDB recovery by restoring all items into a new PST file which can be imported into MS Outlook to access mailbox contents like emails, contacts, attachments, calendar entries etc.It supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003.

Download link:- https://www.emailsoftwares.com/exchange-server-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Backup - Cartelle di rete

Sarebbe utile implementare la possibilità di effettuare il Backup dei dischi e unità di rete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better restore options

The "Instant File Recovery from Cloud using Azure Backup" which is in the preview is a horrible way to restore files. Since Azure Backup retains the files and folder permissions it is not possible to restore files and folders that have been restricted unless you know to the precise path of the file. Most users do not know this path due to mapped drives and/or shares that do not reflect the true path on the files server.

Since the mounted VHD files from Azure Backup is not a writable media it is not possible to reset the permissions, thus you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. supported disk size still shows as 1 TB in portal

while azure supports upto 4 TB, we are seeing limit as 1 TB in portal. This needs to be fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable Azure Backup at Narrow Network bandwitdh

I want to disable Azure Backup at narrow network bandwidth,
    and enable it at width network bandwidth.
    Narrow = under 1 Gbps, like 3G, 4G, ...
    Wide = over 1 Gbps. like Wi-Fi, ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Command Line to restore deleted VM backup with soft delete enabled

What is equivalent command line to restore deleted VM backup items ?
    azure powershell
    azure cli
    rest api

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Script to Automate Restore SQL Server databases on Azure VMs to Alternate Location

I want to schedule and automatically restore sql database backups to an alternate location

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Azure VM restore one click

Here's an idea...how about you make restoring an existing VM one-click?
    I know..revolutionary idea.
    The amount of unnecessary complexity involved in restoring a VM is simply ridiculous.
    Im guessing 99.99% of users would just want to rollback an existing VM to a previous version.
    They dont want to create a new VM. They dont want to create new disks in a different storage account.
    They dont want to spend an hour in powershell trying to get blob copy to work puzzling over cryptic error messages.
    How about you simplify the restore process because the current process is simply dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Microsoft Azure Backup app to see full path when selecting Volumes

We use Microsoft Azure Backup Server on-premise to backup VMs and other servers on-site.
    If we use Microsoft Azure Backup to try to restore data, for instance individual files from an Online backup, when try selecting the Volume/Data, all we can see is a tiny bit of the path.
    We see "C:\Program" instead of the full path that is similar to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Backup\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System\vol_GUID.
    So, we have to pick one entry and let it show the available dates and hope that it is the right one -- we can see the full path on the "Browse And Recover…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Autodiscover VM to backup in other subscription

The backup vault has this nice feature to autodiscover and deploy the backup agents to the VM on the same subscription (no need to get the credential and install the agent the VM like with the on-prem scenario)
    A good practice is to secure the backup vault in a dedicated subscription (to save backups not at the same place ad the VM) but in that case the autodiscovery" feature does not work anymore.
    It would be great to be able to autodeploy agents on VM from other subscriptions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is restoration possible even after your azure in open credits are over?

My Azure in Open credits is over. Soon I will be adding credits to the subscription. For my subscription, I have only one service i.e. Azure Backup for Files and Folders. Is it possible for me to restore files even though my credits are over?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transition licensing for Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS)

It would be great, if existing System Center customers with correct licensing could bring their own license (System Center License) and don't have to pay the same price. This will enable some System Center DPM to transition directly to Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MABS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want an easy method for migrate OST to PST?

Hi, Please share any easy method for migrate OST to PST format. I'm unable to convert my OST files to PST files and fed up of manual method?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base