Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Design Still Matters for web design

All the technicalities we mentioned up to now doesn’t mean that good design doesn’t matter. The visual impact still has a powerful effect on your visitors.
    However, a web professional will design not only how your website will look but even how it will be organized because good web design is, in fact, goal oriented.

website design company in rohini

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offline Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update MARS agent system state backup process

Please update step by step process, what happens in backend when perform system state backup. Its confusing when see system state backup showing as local backup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Randomize backup jobs start time

When a protection group contains many servers using the same storage, the backup job may apply a significant load to that storage. It would be a great deal if you add an option to randomize the launch time of the backup jobs within a specific range in minutes. The option could be PG-wide or even server-wide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status on VM Panel

It should be great if you Provide classification on VM Panel whether VM is backed up or not so that user came to know from VM Panel whether VM is backed up or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to perform pre-post check in Windows Azure IaaS VM Backups

There should be an option of performing Pre-Post jobs in Azure IaaS VM Windows Backup where one can define scripts which will perform some desired actions inside VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Backup Deletion - Third-Party MFA

Currently we leverage a different MFA solution within our enterprise. It is integrated within our ADFS environment and it would be great to leverage our current MFA software for Azure Backup like we do with logging into the Azure portal. Utilizing our MFA product would keep it consistent for our users across the board and retain a familiar experience. Is there a way this can work with Azure Backup in regards to the deletion security or something your team has planned for the future?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Information on how RSV backup Azure SQL database & TL in Iaas Azure VM's SQL Dbs & TLs (hourly) when VMs are actually STOP?

RVS SQL in Azure VM:
    - To be able to find out duration of snapshot, and duration of sending to vault.
    - In Full and differential backup in last 7 days view, to be able to click on Full backup and see all the backup history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. InQuit EDB to PST Converter

To convert Exchange EDB data into Outlook PST file format use InQuit EDB to PST Converter application that gives permission to convert data from Exchange EDB to PST file format along with email, draft, task, attachment, notes, contact, sent item, delete item, calendar and many more etc. It keeps data integrity of email properties like To, Cc, From, Date, Time, Subject, Object, and Bcc.

It can easily export your data into PST and other file formats like EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, vCal, vCard easily and securely without wasting more time. It has more interesting key features that will make…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please update doc with February 2018 changes

Please update the screen shot for the SQL server to have the newest screens. Clients have mentioned the SQL Server install screen is outdated and I confirmed it.

Also, please mention that .NET 3.5 is a pre-requisite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Backup causes high I/O

I have seen on two 2012r2 file servers in separate sites with different hardware and different storage hardware that while a DFSR sync (with a large qty of files) is occurring and Azure backup is running the OS will report delayed write warnings and cause the volume to 'appear' offline where it cannot be accessed either by the local server or by end-users trying to access shares.

Is there a way to safely lower the priority of the backup job, or other method to try to prevent such a thing from happening?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Backup of large volumes 500TB into Azure cool/cold/archive storage from Hadoop&ADLS

Backup of large volumes 500TB into Azure cool/cold/archive storage.
    Customer who have implemented Hadoop (Cloudera) and ADLS in the large scale need backup solution similar to tape on premise. It could be COLD solution i.e .cheep storage by expensive to retrieve data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Involving Azure backup data uploaded by DPM to backup report using Power BI.

We have several on-premise DPM servers where the online backup is activated therefore the backup data is uploaded to the Azure monthly basis. We are testing Power BI to generate Azure backup report, but unfortunately, the backup reports using PowerBI for Data Protection Manager aren't supported at this time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SCDPM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How does the instance work?

I wonder what an instance would be.

In case, if I back up a file server, I'll need an instance. If I back up another file server, will I need another instance or use it?

If I subsequently back up a SQL or VM, will I need another instance?

Awaiting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MDF repair

Try this sharepoint mdf repair tool which can repair all sharepoint data. The sharepoint software efficiently recover all the corrupt MDF databse files. This tool help you to recover all the lists, sites, documents, alerts, workflow state, associations, permissions, metadata, custom views, Web part links and more with the SharePoint database. this tool can support all version of SharePoint Server 2019,2016,2013, 2010 and 2007. you should try this tool.

check out this tool from here:- http://recoverfilesdata/sharepoint-server-data-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow 40+ Agents per Backup Policy

Please allow more than the current 40 agents per backup policy, or warning on the policy/selection screen that the policy is full.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. File Consistant to App consistant now always Crash Consistant?

My backups were alternating from file/app consistent to now always crash consistent. Can someone tell me what causes this change? What is the ideal backup consistency? Can I control the consistency? Thanks - SNS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retention and Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Require a Security PIN to Reduce any retention settings.

Require a Security PIN to reduce any retention ranges. In certain cyber attack scenarios where Ransomware infects a server, a cyber attacker could penetrate the environment, and open the Azure Backup MARS software and edit the retention range down to 7 day minimum. The attacker could then encrypt portions of the network, and initiate backups to overwrite and purge good data. Over holidays such as Christmas, 7 days might not be enough time to realize a breach has occured.
    Currently AzureBackup is a fantastic protection against Ransomware, however we have seen Human hackers enter the network and seek out backup…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Which is the best MBOX to PST converter tool - Reliable and Secure tool

If you are looking for a reliable and secure MBOX to PST converter tool then, there were lots of third party tool available on the web, but choosing the right tool is always a typical task for users. Here I suggest one of the best MBOX to PST converter tool which is Shoviv MBOX converter that provides single as well as multiple MBOX file conversion with any technical glitches. I highly recommend this tool because of it support 20 email clients for MBOX file format like Apple Mail, Gmail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Seamonkey, Opera Mail, etc.
    For more info about this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a different storage pools

Option to create a different storage pools and Option to take backups on a selected storage pool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SCDPM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base