Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

How can we improve Azure Backup?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Backup - Cartelle di rete

Sarebbe utile implementare la possibilità di effettuare il Backup dei dischi e unità di rete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

Dear Team we would like to have backup & restore job to run simultaneuously please let us know if there is any fesability

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove the MARS agent dependency on PowerShell 2.0

Please add support for Microsoft PowerShell 4.0 or 5.0 instead of 2.0 on Windows 10 operating systems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. azure vm backup policy - implement daylight saving time

Hello,

Unfortunately, summer time is not supported. Please refer below.

I want this feature because creating a backup strategy for a complete Azure infrastructure can be a big problem. It already makes sure that the backup runs at 2:00 o'clock or at 3:00 o'clock.

Many Greetings
    Fabrice

No. The date and time on your local computer is local with current daylight savings applied. The time set for scheduled backups might differ from the local time due to DST.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-vm-backup-faq#does-the-backup-policy-consider-daylight-saving-time-dst

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. supported disk size still shows as 1 TB in portal

while azure supports upto 4 TB, we are seeing limit as 1 TB in portal. This needs to be fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable Azure Backup at Narrow Network bandwitdh

I want to disable Azure Backup at narrow network bandwidth,
    and enable it at width network bandwidth.
    Narrow = under 1 Gbps, like 3G, 4G, ...
    Wide = over 1 Gbps. like Wi-Fi, ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Azure VM restore one click

Here's an idea...how about you make restoring an existing VM one-click?
    I know..revolutionary idea.
    The amount of unnecessary complexity involved in restoring a VM is simply ridiculous.
    Im guessing 99.99% of users would just want to rollback an existing VM to a previous version.
    They dont want to create a new VM. They dont want to create new disks in a different storage account.
    They dont want to spend an hour in powershell trying to get blob copy to work puzzling over cryptic error messages.
    How about you simplify the restore process because the current process is simply dreadful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Autodiscover VM to backup in other subscription

The backup vault has this nice feature to autodiscover and deploy the backup agents to the VM on the same subscription (no need to get the credential and install the agent the VM like with the on-prem scenario)
    A good practice is to secure the backup vault in a dedicated subscription (to save backups not at the same place ad the VM) but in that case the autodiscovery" feature does not work anymore.
    It would be great to be able to autodeploy agents on VM from other subscriptions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is restoration possible even after your azure in open credits are over?

My Azure in Open credits is over. Soon I will be adding credits to the subscription. For my subscription, I have only one service i.e. Azure Backup for Files and Folders. Is it possible for me to restore files even though my credits are over?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transition licensing for Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS)

It would be great, if existing System Center customers with correct licensing could bring their own license (System Center License) and don't have to pay the same price. This will enable some System Center DPM to transition directly to Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MABS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want an easy method for migrate OST to PST?

Hi, Please share any easy method for migrate OST to PST format. I'm unable to convert my OST files to PST files and fed up of manual method?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Protonmail Customer Support

ProtonMail was introduced in 2014 and it has become world's leading email provider. The reason behind its success is ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read the message except the sender and the receiver. Many a times, ProtonMail users encounter technical issues. You can call our ProtonMail customer support team for assistance. Our technicians will be available 24/7. Visit: https://email-client-help.com/email/protonmail-support/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security and Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Backup Onpremise Workload and Restore on Azure VM

Dear Team, With Azure we have solution to backup on-premise Physical/Virtual Machines in Azure Storage Account but we want a solution to restore same backup on Azure VM rather then bringing our onpremise server up and restore the data. Please work on this idea as this will really help in additional manual work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically Discover New Databases for backup management type "SQL Server in Azure VM"

I'm looking at the features of backup management type "SQL Server in Azure VM". Would it be possible to add a feature that automatically detects new databases added to an instance, and backup them up.

At the moment, it looks like I'll need to manually add a new database to the backed up items every time I add a database to an instance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clone and Back up the entire Image that can be restore and convert to a VDI in case of system crash and for a easy remote help of VIP users

Clone and Back up the entire Image that can be restore and convert to a VDI in case of system crash and for a easy remote help of VIP users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Documents of Azure Backup Server for customers who don't know SCDPM.

I want to share the Azure Backup Server with IT pro/customers/partners who don't know SCDPM.
    Currently the Azure Backup Server's documents need to know SCDPM.
    But the Azure Backup Server don't need to know SCDPM information.
    the Azure Backup Server is easy for more SMB market IT Pro.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  MABS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Intelligent compression setting

Synopsis
    At this point in time, the preview supports SQL compression by enabling it on policy level. This however simply enforces the parameter, without taking into account if it's even possible. This means a web edition installation will fail because the syntax isn't supported.

Description
    Because of the above mentioned scenario, it's currently required to have a policy specifically for web edition instances, even if you want the exact same retention as other environments.
    This could be solved by looking at the SQL edition, and enforcing non-compression on web edition instances.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Migrate Servers to Another Vault In A Different Azure Tenant

We have numerous servers being backed up to an Azure Backup vault in Tenant A. We would like to move a subset of these servers to a different vault in a separate Tenant B without having to start the migration from scratch.
    Any tools to enable us to do this would be welcomed!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Backup

Feedback and Knowledge Base