How can we improve Azure Backup?

BMR thru Azure backup

Azure backup should support full-system backup, systemstate backup and bare-metal restore.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ayan Mullick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gerald Wiltse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should not be marked as complete. The request is for Azure system backup, not SCDPM + Azure. It makes no sense to mark complete and tell the poster to repost if he doesnt have SCDPM. This has 85 likes and is an obvious and critical feature for most potential use cases.

• Yimbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% with Ayan Mullick. In order to be a competitive backup solution Azure Backup Service MUST be capable of all backup types, not just file backups. My company's backup & Disaster Recovery strategy requires the ability to do bare-metal restores for a faster and more reliable recovery in the event of a disaster. We do have a DPM server onsite, but we are exploring the Azure Backup Service in the hopes of getting rid of the overwhelming software and hardware maintenance that inevitably comes with maintaining another onsite server. If the answer is "have your own DPM", then Azure Backup isn't the answer. Please tell us there is a project, or at least a plan to include BMR (or better, full image backups - as in the kind available via Acronis products) in Azure Backup!

• Caleb Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work with many SMB customers and they need a practical method to back up their entire on premise server. Typically this is a single AD, F&P server, perhaps with a small SQL database. We need to be able to recover individual files (with decent retention), but also need a method to recover the entire machine in case of physical failure or theft etc. Without these features Azure Backup is not an option for our customers.

• Conti12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Lotus Domino server in my company. I need a cloud backup solution for this, so that I can preserve my data. I need a software which provides backup service with easy restoration, upgradation. One of my friends suggested me Ahsay software. I have read about that software and found good. I need to have reviews about this software from any user so that I can be sure about buying . Leaving a link below please check:http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index.jsp?pageContentKey=ahsay_products_overview

Feedback and Knowledge Base