Azure Backup

Welcome to the Azure Backup feedback forum! This is where we would like to hear your feedback and ideas on how we can improve our product.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup for O365

I Like to see Longtime protection in Azure Backup or System Center Data Protection Manager for Office 365 Exchange, Sharepoint services. Because today you have to buy a third party solution. There are a lot of Educational institutes around the world in the free edition of Office365 on the Campus Agreement, but backup, restore services of Office 365 is a must have. Think about backup and restore mailboxes, teamsites of Sharepoint etc. Best Regards, James

1,913 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  71 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple schedules of synchronization job

For example - 15 minutes synchronization on work hours and 1 hrs synchonization after them.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow recovery in another server without VaultCredentials

I wanted to create an automated daily recovery (powershell) in another server, then found out that I needed VaultCredentials. Would be great if I could use somekind of VaultCredentials with longer-than 2-day expiry

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Backup Agent for QNAP

This backup agent should only transfer over the wire the changed bits of a modified file.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  MARS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publish Aurez Backup API with an Azure SDK

A backup cloud service really need a documented protocol and client side API.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Backup on-premises SQL DB to Azure, Test-restore the DB to a SQL server running in an IaaS VM

I want to on-premises backup SQL DBs to Azure and test the sanity of the backup point by restoring it to an Azure IaaS VM which has SQL server installed in it

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Backup on-premises SQL DB to Azure, restore the DB to a SQL server running in an IaaS VM

I want to backup on-premises SQL DBs to Azure and restore them to an Azure IaaS VM which has SQL server installed in it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SQL in IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SharePoint Backup with Item Level Recovery

Please add SharePoint Backup. Also, when this is introduced it would be nice to have item level recovery built in so we do not have to restore an entire content database to retrieve one file.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Backup On-Premises VM to Azure and Restore the VM in Azure

When creating a new machine an Option to select an backup for restore would be great.

1,277 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    unplanned  ·  31 comments  ·  IaaS VM  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 19 20 21 23 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base