Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Request to make the Ray Library 1.0.1 or later available in the ReinforcementLearningEstimator class

Let me ask you about the parameter settings for the ReinforceLearningEstimator class at the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/how-to-use-reinforcement-learning#define-a-worker-configuration
    > # Pip packages we will use for both head and worker
    > pip_packages=["ray[rllib]==0.8.3"] # Latest version of Ray has fixes for isses related to object transfers

Setting the pip_packages parameter of the ReinforcementLearningEstimator class to ['ray[rllib]==1.0.1'] or later will result in a "no such option: --redis-port" error. I suppose this is because the Ray 1.0.1 and later doesn't support "--redis-port" parameter and the implement of ReinforcementLearningEstimator class is fixed to use "ray start --head --redis-port_6379 ~".

I know it's a preview feature…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monitor AML Cluster performace

Add to AML Python SDK functions to monitor AML compute cluster's load/performance (CPU, Mem, Disk I/O, Network, GPU).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AKS AGIC Support for ML Studio

Publishing from ML Studio creates its own Ingress controller, even when you have AGIC Addon/Helm enabled AKS Cluster. It would be nice to have the ML Services deploy to existing AGIC if any before creating a hole to internet.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for filtering to experiment / error type granularity in Azure Monitoring

Allow for filtering to experiment granularity in Azure Monitoring.

Currently metrics only send value 1 if send to Azure Monitoring e.g. if an experiment run succeeds. During experimentation the larger share of experiments will fail, so we need to understand both the error type and the specific experiment at least.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deploy same name service in Azure machine learning workspace service.

In Aml workspace, we are allowed to add multiple Compute assets for a type. Ideally ml services should able be deploy on both AKS cluster but due to some reason, same named service can't be maintain in Deployment asserts. For example, I can have two AKS Compute resource in a workspace named as AKS1 and AKS2 and service named as 'intelligentAgent'. This service can be deploy in AKS1 but I have trouble deploying same service in AKS2.

I need to do this to maintain services for BCP and disaster recovery.

Could you please allow same named services on different AKS…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide a means to recover code when one of the workspace resources is deleted

When a core resource for the ML workspace is deleted, the workspace can no longer retrieve any code. Creating a means to be able to resync a new resource and retrieve the code, or implementing a backup would be another solution.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support python 3.7

Support running Python 3.7 scripts

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove AKS minimum core restriction ("cluster_purpose")

If I want to attach an AKS cluster in development environments that don't meet the 4 agents / 12 core requirements, I need to set the "clusterpurpose = AksCompute.ClusterPurpose.DEVTEST" parameter via the Python API. However, this parameter is not supported in ARM templates and also not in the Azure CLI extension, so this complicates our automation strategy.

The minimum requirements for running an AKS cluster in production are well documented, so it shouldn't be up to the "Machine Learning service" to enforce any restrictions.

Having this "cluster_purpose" parameter is just an unnecessary complication, and should therefore be removed…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add possibility to pass parameters to scoring script when deploying an image

When deploying an image to AML Service, the path of the scoring script is given to the method using the executionscript parameter: ContainerImage.imageconfiguration(execution_script='score.py', ...). However, there is no argument for passing values to script parameters, which are needed in the init() function to do stuff like fetching passwords from Key Vault and getting sample data for the schema.

Please add the possibility to pass parameters to the scoring script when deploying and image to AML Service. For example, when creating a Python script step in an AML Pipeline, we can add these parameters as follows: PythonScriptStep(scriptname='train.py', arguments=['--workspace

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Document azure devops machine learning tasks

To create azure devops pipelines implementing MLOps(e.g. [1], you have created pipeline tasks which can be executed in the devops pipeline, e.g ms-air-aiagility.vss-services-azureml.azureml-restApi-task.MLPublishedPipelineRestAPITask@0 and others. There clearly mirror the CLI and API, but they provide no documentation. They should.

1: https://github.com/microsoft/MLOpsPython/blob/master/.pipelines/diabetes_regression-ci.yml

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support Python 3.6

Please support Python 3.6

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Azure Machine Learning Studio should be supported for touchscreen use

Azure Machine Learning Studio requires use of a computer with a mouse for Drag and Drop. One cannot drag using an iPad touch screen for example.
    This may require an app for IOS and a corresponding one for Android devices to enable ML Studio to be supported by devices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Azure Customer,

Thank you for your feedback, your feedback is very important for us and we hear you. This feedback is currently not been prioritized for implementation. As we get more upvotes , we will again access it and may include in our future implementation plans.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

14. Allow attachment of a VM to AML to private IP address

Please allow attachment of a virtual machine to machine learning studio by using private ip address of a VM. Due to company security restrictions it is not possible to use public ip address. Also from security point of view it doesn't make sense to use public ip only.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't silently fail when an ARM template attempts to change an unchangable parameter

When an ARM template attempts to change a workspace parameter that cannot be changed (such as hbiWorkspace), the template deployment succeeds without any error or notice even though the parameter specified in the template has not taken effect.

This is counterintuitive at best, and also inconsistent with how other Azure resources work: those do throw an error when you try to change an unchangable parameter using an ARM template.

Please fix this by always failing the ARM template deployment when the template tries to change an unchangable parameter.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need drop-out parameter for neural network

The neural network for custom script should put a dropout rate parameter or at least tell us the code for doing dropout in the custom script. Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide ability to do real Machine Learning in Europe North

Currently on NCv1 with the ancient K80's that Google do not even give away for free on Google Colab is available in North Europe.
    We have huge amounts of data in NE and thus it would be impossible or at least extremely cost prohibitive to move this data over to WE, where there are V100-NCv3 GPU's.
    Even the NCv3 instances are ridiculously underpowered for SOTA ML work.

Just to give some perspective on how excruciatingly slow these are to work with:
    My private gaming PC at home running a single 2080ti has 2.5x TensorFlops of a NCv1 running 4 K80…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

18. restrict access to Storage Account when using ML

Currently the access to the required storage account cannot be restricted when using ML. For security reasons it is wise to restrict access ("firewalls and virtual networks")

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AML Curated Environments

1) How can I access these for testing?

2) Is it possible for me to add packages like GDAL or NLTK to a curated environment?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)