Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Increase arbitrarily small metrics document limit (3000b)

Remove the 3000b limit for metrics:

azureml._restclient.exceptions.ServiceException: ServiceException:

Code: 400

Message: (ValidationError) Metric Document is too large, 3195b is larger than the max metric size 3000b.
    Details:
    Metric Document is too large, 3195b is larger than the max metric size 3000b.

This is from running .log_table with only 5 integers (and associated short strings)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add detailed model training progress information in Machine Learning Studio experiment view

At now, the only training progress indicator in experiment view is a time elapsed counter. The idea is to extend number and types of possible counters while the model is being trained. Such information could possibly be: current training iteration, progress percentage, etc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Azure Customer,

After internal review, this feature request is not currently in the roadmap. We will keep this feedback open and watching for additional upvotes for future priority considerations. Thank you for your feedback again ^^

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

3. Allow ACI and AKS containers to assume a managed identity role

Currently, there's no way for an ACI or AKS-instanced AML program to assume a role. We would like to access other Azure resources with our AML code, so we would like for the containers created to be able to assume an existing role, using the normal procedures.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't have invisible meta data from scoring, that cannot be replaced

It turns out that the Score activity in the Designer, adds some invisible meta data, called Score, that if you do any Arithmetic work on, will remove that metadata on the column, and make the Evaluator stop working. Just spent about 14 tech support calls tracking this down.

Here is what he said:
    This is because the Evaluate Model module is expecting a ‘Scored Dataset’, which means the Score columns (predicted column, Scored Labels, Scored Probabilities) all have metadata assigned to them so that their ‘Feature type’ is Numeric/String Score instead of Numeric/String Feature. Passing the scored dataset into ‘Apply…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need Sample for Azure ml pipeline yaml template

Looking Sample Project for Azure CLI ML Pipeline create from Yaml Template, Please share sample for it.
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/pipelines-azureml/tree/master/ml-pipeline-yml
    az ml pipeline create -n mypipeline -y mypipeline.yml
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/service/reference-pipeline-yaml

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add segmentation to data labeling tool

You have bounding box labeling but not anything to help with segmentation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support Python 2.x

Please support Python 2.x as many frameworks still use it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Migration from Azure Machine Learning Studio to Visual Interface

Ideally this should be done automatically for us, but I'd be happy with an export/import flow that lets us migrate manually.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Our plan is to support convert the Studio experiment to visual interface experiment. Model and web service are currently out of scope. Thank you for your feedback and please keep eyes on it.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

9. Sharing compute instance in members of same developer team

Actually compute instance can only be used by one member of team, and others developers can't use this.

A good feature it's all members of a workspace can use compute instance (with the right rights), and make a queue of experiments runnings.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add PowerShell to Azure Notebooks

Please add and improve the kernel for Windows PowerShell/Powershell Core/6/7 to Azure Notebooks.
    PowerShell should be treated as first citizen language and there are a lot of usecases for teaching with Azure Notebooks.
    Alternatively provide an option to load custom kernels.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link Dataset, Experiment, Image, Model, Deployement

As part of managing the whole Data Science Process within Azure ML, is there a way to link a Dataset, an Experiment and related produced Image, Model and Deployment, apart from description.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Visualize support for Designer's Train Model module

Ml Studio (classic) was able to visualize the result, but Designer doesn't seem to be able to do it. To view the model parameters and feature weights, it's better to support Visualize.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Monitor AML Cluster performace

Add to AML Python SDK functions to monitor AML compute cluster's load/performance (CPU, Mem, Disk I/O, Network, GPU).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deploy same name service in Azure machine learning workspace service.

In Aml workspace, we are allowed to add multiple Compute assets for a type. Ideally ml services should able be deploy on both AKS cluster but due to some reason, same named service can't be maintain in Deployment asserts. For example, I can have two AKS Compute resource in a workspace named as AKS1 and AKS2 and service named as 'intelligentAgent'. This service can be deploy in AKS1 but I have trouble deploying same service in AKS2.

I need to do this to maintain services for BCP and disaster recovery.

Could you please allow same named services on different AKS…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a means to recover code when one of the workspace resources is deleted

When a core resource for the ML workspace is deleted, the workspace can no longer retrieve any code. Creating a means to be able to resync a new resource and retrieve the code, or implementing a backup would be another solution.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support python 3.7

Support running Python 3.7 scripts

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed

I hope a function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed.
    I can know whether there is error or not if I open their Experiment manually now.
    But when I run experiment automatically, I want to notify to some email if experiment's Run is failed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

19. Remove AKS minimum core restriction ("cluster_purpose")

If I want to attach an AKS cluster in development environments that don't meet the 4 agents / 12 core requirements, I need to set the "clusterpurpose = AksCompute.ClusterPurpose.DEVTEST" parameter via the Python API. However, this parameter is not supported in ARM templates and also not in the Azure CLI extension, so this complicates our automation strategy.

The minimum requirements for running an AKS cluster in production are well documented, so it shouldn't be up to the "Machine Learning service" to enforce any restrictions.

Having this "cluster_purpose" parameter is just an unnecessary complication, and should therefore be removed…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add possibility to pass parameters to scoring script when deploying an image

When deploying an image to AML Service, the path of the scoring script is given to the method using the executionscript parameter: ContainerImage.imageconfiguration(execution_script='score.py', ...). However, there is no argument for passing values to script parameters, which are needed in the init() function to do stuff like fetching passwords from Key Vault and getting sample data for the schema.

Please add the possibility to pass parameters to the scoring script when deploying and image to AML Service. For example, when creating a Python script step in an AML Pipeline, we can add these parameters as follows: PythonScriptStep(scriptname='train.py', arguments=['--workspace

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base