Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Sharing compute instance in members of same developer team

Actually compute instance can only be used by one member of team, and others developers can't use this.

A good feature it's all members of a workspace can use compute instance (with the right rights), and make a queue of experiments runnings.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add PowerShell to Azure Notebooks

Please add and improve the kernel for Windows PowerShell/Powershell Core/6/7 to Azure Notebooks.
    PowerShell should be treated as first citizen language and there are a lot of usecases for teaching with Azure Notebooks.
    Alternatively provide an option to load custom kernels.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to modify the bounding boxes during the review of labeled data

We are currently working on an object identification project. We need to label a several number of different objects on one single image.
    Currently, we can only choose to accept/reject the entire image when reviewing the labeled data even there is sometimes only one mis-labeled object.
    We'd like to be able to adjust the bounding box when it is mis-labeled instead of rejecting everything else.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Monitor AML Cluster performace

Add to AML Python SDK functions to monitor AML compute cluster's load/performance (CPU, Mem, Disk I/O, Network, GPU).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Segregate a Workspace across multiple projects.

Allow us to organize 1 workspace in several projects, allowing greater governance and cost sharing between projects.
    In this case, make it possible for us to create project folders where each folder / project has its associated objects, where we can implement access profiles for its objects.
    We would continue sharing processing clusters, but we could segregate registered models, pipelines, datasets, etc. by project folders.

Today, as it is, we only achieved this segregation by assigning 1 workspace for each project.
    And this strategy of 1 workspace per project will make projects more expensive, because today, a trainning cluster cannot…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a means to recover code when one of the workspace resources is deleted

When a core resource for the ML workspace is deleted, the workspace can no longer retrieve any code. Creating a means to be able to resync a new resource and retrieve the code, or implementing a backup would be another solution.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed

I hope a function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed.
    I can know whether there is error or not if I open their Experiment manually now.
    But when I run experiment automatically, I want to notify to some email if experiment's Run is failed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

9. Add possibility to pass parameters to scoring script when deploying an image

When deploying an image to AML Service, the path of the scoring script is given to the method using the executionscript parameter: ContainerImage.imageconfiguration(execution_script='score.py', ...). However, there is no argument for passing values to script parameters, which are needed in the init() function to do stuff like fetching passwords from Key Vault and getting sample data for the schema.

Please add the possibility to pass parameters to the scoring script when deploying and image to AML Service. For example, when creating a Python script step in an AML Pipeline, we can add these parameters as follows: PythonScriptStep(scriptname='train.py', arguments=['--workspace

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support Python 3.6

Please support Python 3.6

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Machine Learning Studio should be supported for touchscreen use

Azure Machine Learning Studio requires use of a computer with a mouse for Drag and Drop. One cannot drag using an iPad touch screen for example.
    This may require an app for IOS and a corresponding one for Android devices to enable ML Studio to be supported by devices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Azure Customer,

Thank you for your feedback, your feedback is very important for us and we hear you. This feedback is currently not been prioritized for implementation. As we get more upvotes , we will again access it and may include in our future implementation plans.

Azure CXP Community

12. Don't silently fail when an ARM template attempts to change an unchangable parameter

When an ARM template attempts to change a workspace parameter that cannot be changed (such as hbiWorkspace), the template deployment succeeds without any error or notice even though the parameter specified in the template has not taken effect.

This is counterintuitive at best, and also inconsistent with how other Azure resources work: those do throw an error when you try to change an unchangable parameter using an ARM template.

Please fix this by always failing the ARM template deployment when the template tries to change an unchangable parameter.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide ability to do real Machine Learning in Europe North

Currently on NCv1 with the ancient K80's that Google do not even give away for free on Google Colab is available in North Europe.
    We have huge amounts of data in NE and thus it would be impossible or at least extremely cost prohibitive to move this data over to WE, where there are V100-NCv3 GPU's.
    Even the NCv3 instances are ridiculously underpowered for SOTA ML work.

Just to give some perspective on how excruciatingly slow these are to work with:
    My private gaming PC at home running a single 2080ti has 2.5x TensorFlops of a NCv1 running 4 K80…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Azure CXP Community

14. restrict access to Storage Account when using ML

Currently the access to the required storage account cannot be restricted when using ML. For security reasons it is wise to restrict access ("firewalls and virtual networks")

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add support for federated learning in AML

More and more users are opting not to send their data back to cloud. In order to respect user privacy and scale the training of our ML models, it would be great if AML would support federated learning.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for dynamic paths in DataReferences

Currently, when using the DataReference object to access directories on storage like ADLS Gen 1, we can't dynamically define the path that the DataReference refers to, because it is only evaluated once (at execution time).

So for instance, if we wanted a DataReference to output data to {CURRENT DATE}/results, such as /DIR/2020/02/10/results, we're not currently able to do this as a datetime.now() would only be called once (when we first evaluate the graph).

This means we have to do unnecessary extra steps (using the ADLS Gen 1 SDK, or additional ADF steps) to move outputs into the proper directory.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add function to monitor "Used studio experimentation hour","Used Production Web API's Compute hours about previous month", "Used Prod

I want to monitor below 3 things.
    Please add function that monitor below 3 things.

1.Used studio experimentation hour
    2.Used Production Web API's Compute hours about previous month
    3.Used Production Web API's transactions about previous month

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need AML SDK for .NET

AML SDK is only available in Python. I am developing a .Net application (in C#) and need the same features as Python SDK. Is there any plan for porting python SDK to .NET SDK?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ML studio Experiments page to allow folders

In ML Studio, at experiments, we need to allow a user to create folders to organize various projects. Usually one creates different experiments to tackle the problem in different ways. In the end, maybe only one or two experiments are put to use. However, the user would like to retain all prior experiments for future reference on what was tried. It also helps to allow user to add a Readme.txt to go along with each project to document. In our case, a workspace is shared, and the person who created the experiments may leave. In addition, after two years I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base