How can we improve Microsoft Azure Machine Learning?

Run only part of a model

When building a model, running it takes quite some time and while working on it, I may not have fully specified all elements of my model as I create the outline of the proces.

Therefore I would like to be able to run the model up to a certain step, ignoring all elements after the selected block. This would save compute and wait-time and would fit my way of working nicely.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeroen BijleveldJeroen Bijleveld shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along the same lines, sometimes I temporarily disconnect the first part of my model from the second part. But then the model refuses to run. It should be possible to just run the model as far as it can go.

• Lance AustinLance Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I would like to see this as well. I'm thinking something similar to SSIS where you can disable steps or say Run-To step X.

This would be great for learning and experimenting on only a part of your project. For example, I was just trying to better understand the nuances of R in Azure ML so I was looking at one of the samples. The experiments run fast but it runs all the training, scoring and evaluating as well. I just want it to stop after the pre-processing steps to see how my changes effected it to that point.

Feedback and Knowledge Base