Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Machine Learning?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add FQDN as a parameter in Azure ML Webservice.deploy_from_image/model

An Azure ML web service deployed to ACI gives you an IP address to request response. However, this IP address can change on its own because of some Azure Internal Events on ACI.

The Azure Container Instance (ACI) allows you to define a FQDN which binds to the underlying IP address so that you don't have to deal with the IP Address. However, it is proving impossible to update the Azure ML deployed ACI because of various issues. If FQDN can be added as a parameter in Webservice.deploy_from_image which binds to the ACI container's FQDN, this would solve all the…

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Julia support in AzureML Studio

Would be great if one could run Julia (http://julialang.org/) code in AzureML Studio in the same way that one can run Python and R code already. I feel Julia would add a distinct benefit that is not covered by either Python nor R: really fast custom code. R and Python have great packages, but if someone wants to use a custom, computationally demanding algorithm, a Julia script feature would be perfect.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Azure Customer,

We will close this for now since it has been 4 years and the product changes a lot. We are actively moderate feedback in User Voice. Please keeps giving us your great feedback, we always considerate it seriously ^^

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

3. Provide model viewers in ML Studio

In the SQL Server data mining we can inspect the models, whereas in AzureML we can only evaluate and score models: they have become black boxes. In many industries it is important to not only predict values, but also have an explanation on why these predictions where made.
    I understand that visualizations for decision jungles might be more complex than the simpler decision trees we have in SQL Server, but to convince people in using machine learning, we need to go beyond black box models.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

We will close this for now since it has been 4 years and the product changes a lot. We are actively moderate feedback in User Voice. Please keeps giving us your great feedback, we always considerate it seriously ^^

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

4. Add Shiny app for R support

Would be great to be able to deploy Shiny apps from Azure ML for front-end visualizations.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

5. Provide a serialized form of the experiment (PMML)

The lack of a serialized form of the experiment is a big drawback when trying to, for example, search a set of experiments for a specific item. Providing the ability to invite others to your workspace is not the same; I may want to share an experiment with colleagues, but don't want to give them access to my experiment repository or that experiment on my repository.

It's like having an Excel spreadsheet that you can save or load with Excel only, but can't possess or move the file that comprises your own work.

PMML, since it's a standard, would be…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

6. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Azure Customer,

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

7. Get Data Provider for Rest supporting JSON

Rather than returning data from a Web Service in CSV allow a Power Query type provider to transform JSON.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

We will close this for now since it has been 5 years and the product changes a lot. We are actively moderate feedback in User Voice. Please keeps giving us your great feedback, we always considerate it seriously ^^

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

8. Computer Vision OCR support for vertical words

Computer Vision OCR should also recognize vertical words like:
    T
    E
    S
    T

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback on Azure content. We are happy to help but this channel is reserved for feedback on Azure Machine Learning services & features.
    For the best possible response, we recommend posting your feedback on https://cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/430309-computer-vision-api the right place for Azure translator where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.
    We will now close this feedback on UserVoice but hope to engage with you further via one of the support channels mentioned above.

Azure CXP Community

9. Workspace ARM resource should repair missing permissions on other Azure objects (e.g. Key Vault)

The Microsoft.MachineLearningServices/workspaces ARM resource should be able to fix missing permissions on Azure resources it depends on (such as Key Vault access policy) when it is redeployed.

Currently, the ML Workspace creates a AAD Service Principal for itself and assigns it at least these permissions (and perhaps more) during provisioning:
    - Contributor access to the Resource Group
    - Contributor access to the Container Registry
    - an access policy in the Key Vault allowing all operations except Purge
    - Storage Blob Data Contributor access to the Storage Account

However, if anything happens to these permissions (for example, the Key Vault access…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Thank you for your feedback and providing this insight to us. This Service API exists, you can use CLI “az ml workspace sync-keys” to do it. We have opened a item to improve the discoverability through Azure Portal for customer.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

10. is this forum still alive?

Any roadmap for ML Studio?
    I see very old posts...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure OCR unable to detect roman character “I” and “II”

I have an image, as attached.

I am using Azure Computer Vision API - v2.0, combination of Recognize Text API(POSt) and Get Recognize Text Operation Result(GET) as mentioned in https://westcentralus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5adf991815e1060e6355ad44/operations/587f2c6a154055056008f200. to detect text characters in the image.

Currently it is able to detect all the characters except letter I and II. Can someone help?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the question. We are happy to help but this channel is reserved for feedback on Azure services & features.

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/430309-compu.. where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

We will now close this issue on UserVoice but hope to engage with you further via one of the support channels mentioned above.

Azure CXP Community

12. Luis - Add an Azure Maps key property to LuisPredictionOptions - and have Luis call Azure Maps

First of all, please add a feedback category for Luis to this site.

The LuisPredictionOptions class allows the caller to provide a Bing key, so Luis can perform spell-checking.

Please add a similar property to LuisPredictionOptions for Azure Maps key.

Luis's recognition of US cities and states is unpredictable and incomplete. The geographyV2 entity finds some cities and not others.

Please allow the caller provide an Azure Maps key, so Luis can recognize all cities, POI's, zip codes, etc. rather than each dev having to reinvent this wheel and make multiple calls to Azure to perform entity identification.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the question. We are happy to help but this channel is reserved for feedback on Azure services & features.

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/551524-language-understanding-luis where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

We will now close this issue on UserVoice but hope to engage with you further via one of the support channels mentioned above.

Azure CXP Community

13. Dataset Visualization of Column only shows 1 Histogram Bar

I am attempting to Visualize a data column from my Dataset. The Volume column has real numbers in it. The visualization Histogram only shows one Bar for the entire column. See image.

How can I get the Histogram to show me a better distribution of the data, more than one bar?

The histogram should show a more detailed view of the data. More than 1 Bar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

We are happy to help but this channel is reserved for feedback on Azure services & features.
    We’ve redirected your question to the appropriate Forum channel. Use this link to track updates/progress on your feedback.

In the future, we recommend posting your question on https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?category=windowsazureplatform&forum=AzureMachineLearningService where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

Azure CXP Community

14. set recursion limit on the Machine Learning Server

I am now deployed my model in the Microsoft Machine Learning Server. However, it achieved the recursion limit (about only 150 in the Server) while processing the model. If it happens in my local, I can fix this simply by running python: sys.setrecursionlimit(150). Thus, could you please advice how to change the recursion limit in the Server? Maybe use 'az ml command?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DataStore Support HDFS attach

Simply, I want to reduce file copy to blob. Also to enable more secure environment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,
    Thanks for the question. We are happy to help but this channel is reserved for feedback on Azure services & features for Azure Machine Learning.
    For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=AzureDataFactory where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.
    Azure CXP Community

16. Azure OCR unable to detect roman character “I” and “II”

I have an image, as attached.

I am using Azure Computer Vision API - v2.0, combination of Recognize Text API(POSt) and Get Recognize Text Operation Result(GET) as mentioned in https://westcentralus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/5adf991815e1060e6355ad44/operations/587f2c6a154055056008f200. to detect text characters in the image.

Currently it is able to detect all the characters except letter I and II. Can someone help?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/430309-computer-vision-api where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

Azure CXP Community

17. Make getting an ID for Cognitive Services less mysterious

I wanted to try the Face API. I found:
    https://westus.dev.cognitive.microsoft.com/docs/services/563879b61984550e40cbbe8d/operations/563879b61984550f30395236/console

But I needed the Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key. You have a page that solves exactly my problem:
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/try/cognitive-services/?api=face-api

But it took me over ninety minutes of searching, including signing up for an account I don't need (yet...), and trying to follow outdated clues in the StackOverflow forum, to stumble onto the clue that led to that keys page!

My 142 page load struggle is shown in the attached file. Please post a prominent link to the "Try" page on as many of those as possible! I could have seen success in three minutes…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://cognitive.uservoice.com/forums/430315-face-api where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

Azure CXP Community

18. Can the Webservices from Azure ML Model Output consumed by Tableau server or desktop? How output of AML models viewed in tableau?

AML model predictions in Tableau will make a data science and visualization story complete from user perspective. Tableau should integrate and consume AML Webservices APIs and view output of models .

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix so that subscription name can be set up without problems even double byte

When setting up the ML deployment environment locally using the following command, please fix so that subscription name can be set up without problems even double byte

az ml env setup -n <new deployment environment name> --location <e.g. eastus2>

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=AzureMachineLearningService where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

Azure CXP Community

20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

For the best possible response, we recommend posting your question on https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=AzureMachineLearningService where one of our capable engineers will engage asap.

Azure CXP Community

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Feedback and Knowledge Base