Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Remove the limit on model names

Currently the character limit on a model name is 30 characters. We need names to be as long as we want to satisfy our naming conventions.

We have various sites our models run on, so we need to prefix the model name with the site, its operational area, it's purpose, and the algorithm choice.

Surely there's no *hard* technical limitation on naming something longer, if so, enlighten your users as to why there is a limitation so that we are able to anticipate such things.

When I check Azure naming Conventions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/best-practices/naming-conventions) the vast majority of the name…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Customer,

May I know which product of machine learning services you are mentioning? The visual interface, machine learning studio or machine learning workspace?

We would like to specify the product and we can investigate it deeper.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

2. Deploy a web service to AKS without a public endpoint

It seems like the Machine Learning service currently always uses a public load balancer with a public IP when deploying a web service to AKS.

We do not want to expose our web services to the public as that is a security risk - even with the Authorization keys. Also, even if we had to expose it, we'd prefer to use our own centralized ingress system to control the traffic coming into the cluster (e.g. via Azure Application Gateway v2).

We therefore would like to be able to choose one of the following additional methods when connecting to AKS/when deploying…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python

To make the visual UI really useful, it would be great to support export of Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python.
    The same applies to the Automated ML UI.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

We have the plan for AutoML. But currently it is not in the roadmap for visual interface. We will be watching for additional upvotes for future priority considerations. Thank you for your feedback and understanding.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

4. Bring back CLI image commands ("az ml image create" etc)

The earlier preview versions of the CLI extension (e.g. 1.0.10) contained commands for manipulating the Docker images (e.g. "az ml image create container"). This was very useful, because it made it possible to decouple the time consuming task of building the image from the actual deployment to a compute target and allowed verification of the image prior to deploying to production. (In a CI/CD process, image building was part of the "Build" pipeline while webservice deployment was performed in the "Release" pipeline.)

In the latest CLI extension version (1.0.33.7), the image commands are not present in the CLI, even though…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Link Dataset, Experiment, Image, Model, Deployement

As part of managing the whole Data Science Process within Azure ML, is there a way to link a Dataset, an Experiment and related produced Image, Model and Deployment, apart from description.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to Deploy web service as HTTP instead of default HTTPS

I need the ability to deploy my predictive model as a HTTP end point instead of the default HTTPS. There are lot of restrictions in the ERP test environment where I am building the client application that consumes the web service. An easy way to turn on/off from HTTPS to HTTP would be very useful as I migrate from Test to Prod.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is there a way to attach Data Bricks Cluster which is in a different resource group

Is there a way to attach Data Bricks Cluster which is in a different resource group

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    need-feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Properties Shared by Multiple Items to be Edited In a Single Place

If I select several items in an Azure ML Studio experiement that all share a common property, I should be able to set that property in one place - once - and not have to edit each item separately.

A huge portion of what data scientist are doing in an experiment is trying out different classification algorithms, training them, scoring them, and evaluating and comparing results. This makes for a lot of repetitive, monotonous work. And it means we have to do exactly the same edits (like setting a dependent variable) across a bunch of different items.

There's no reason…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ML studio Experiments page to allow folders

In ML Studio, at experiments, we need to allow a user to create folders to organize various projects. Usually one creates different experiments to tackle the problem in different ways. In the end, maybe only one or two experiments are put to use. However, the user would like to retain all prior experiments for future reference on what was tried. It also helps to allow user to add a Readme.txt to go along with each project to document. In our case, a workspace is shared, and the person who created the experiments may leave. In addition, after two years I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Open source the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension

It would be great if the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension were open-sourced and put on GitHub (like several other Azure tools). The user community could help by fixing minor issues and adding improvements and the increased code transparency would help the users learn to use the tools correctly and understand their behavior.

The Azure ML SDK and CLI extension are implemented in Python, so everyone has access to the source code anyway, but there is no way currently to contribute fixes to the original projects and determining the changes between versions is cumbersome.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

12. ML Services: View registered datastores and datasets in the workspace GUI blade

The ability to be able to register datasets and datastores is really powerful. Currently, if I register datasets / datastores and their metadata with the SDK, I can't find them in the workspace GUI in the portal (where I see my experiments / runs / compute / registered models etc) - I have to list them programmatically.

It would be great if there were a tab added to the workspace portal blade so that I could see all the datasets / datastores, the metadata I have added to them, their version history etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create notebook from docker image

I'd like to create a notebook from a docker image in my private container registry so that I can test out the pieces of my azure ml experiment that failed. It seems like you can't create a notebook with a docker image or conda environment which makes it tedious to set up a custom environment. Thanks for considering this feature!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Continue other paths on error

When an error occurs on one path it would be nice if the experiment would not stop immediately but continue on other paths and finish as many modules as possible before stopping.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    need-feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. improve new visual interface run execution performance (it's that bad...)

ml studio was already slow, for the new visual is several times worst, even after creating the default 2 node cluster, things that took one minute on ml studio now go up to 8-10 mins on visual preview?understand the tracking happening below, cluster overhead and all that, but the point is, as it is, it's unusable, some screenshots ...
    https://twitter.com/rquintino/status/1126263499821387776

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Migration from Azure Machine Learning Studio to Visual Interface

Ideally this should be done automatically for us, but I'd be happy with an export/import flow that lets us migrate manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Our plan is to support convert the Studio experiment to visual interface experiment. Model and web service are currently out of scope. Thank you for your feedback and please keep eyes on it.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

17. MT-DNN-BERT Model inside Visual Interface of Azure ML Studio

Any project need to use Semantic Models, badly need use either MT-DNN or BERT, can you please include MT-DNN or BERT Model inside Visual Interface of Azure ML Studio. Because that gives Azure edge over other AI Platforms DataRobot, other wise many customers move to other AI Platforms. I need to use either MT-DNN or BERT in my project. As per Gardner/Mckinsey report is saying more Intelligent Chat Bot with muliti lingual requirement flooding all over the world ever before in the AI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need AML SDK for .NET

AML SDK is only available in Python. I am developing a .Net application (in C#) and need the same features as Python SDK. Is there any plan for porting python SDK to .NET SDK?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need reason code for model interpretability

Can we have reason code (like the ones in DataRobot) to enable model interpretability?

Also feature importance ranking graph?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable downloading engineered feature tables

Model interpretability posts as an important part in ML adoption. If we can download the engineered feature tables (like what H2O.AI) offers, that will speed up our customer adoption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Categories