Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Machine Learning?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add FQDN as a parameter in Azure ML Webservice.deploy_from_image/model

An Azure ML web service deployed to ACI gives you an IP address to request response. However, this IP address can change on its own because of some Azure Internal Events on ACI.

The Azure Container Instance (ACI) allows you to define a FQDN which binds to the underlying IP address so that you don't have to deal with the IP Address. However, it is proving impossible to update the Azure ML deployed ACI because of various issues. If FQDN can be added as a parameter in Webservice.deploy_from_image which binds to the ACI container's FQDN, this would solve all the…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable GPU support when deploying to Azure Container Instances

Azure Container Instances can be configured to provide GPU resources to the container (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-instances/container-instances-gpu). However, there is no way to ask for GPU resources when deploying ML services via the Azure ML SDK (AciWebservice.deploy_configuration) or Azure CLI (az ml service create aci). Even if the image is built with GPU support enabled (ContainerImage.image_configuration(enable_gpu=True,...)), the image does not work properly in ACI because the GPU resources are not present.

Please extend the SDK and CLI to allow specifying the GPU count and SKU when deploying to ACI.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. improve new visual interface run execution performance (it's that bad...)

ml studio was already slow, for the new visual is several times worst, even after creating the default 2 node cluster, things that took one minute on ml studio now go up to 8-10 mins on visual preview?understand the tracking happening below, cluster overhead and all that, but the point is, as it is, it's unusable, some screenshots ...
    https://twitter.com/rquintino/status/1126263499821387776

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Workspace ARM resource should repair missing permissions on other Azure objects (e.g. Key Vault)

The Microsoft.MachineLearningServices/workspaces ARM resource should be able to fix missing permissions on Azure resources it depends on (such as Key Vault access policy) when it is redeployed.

Currently, the ML Workspace creates a AAD Service Principal for itself and assigns it at least these permissions (and perhaps more) during provisioning:
    - Contributor access to the Resource Group
    - Contributor access to the Container Registry
    - an access policy in the Key Vault allowing all operations except Purge
    - Storage Blob Data Contributor access to the Storage Account

However, if anything happens to these permissions (for example, the Key Vault access…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please, Add Japanease at Azure Machine Learning Home

I am using azure Machine Learning Studio at Home.
    But it displays only English. I want to use with Japanese.
    So, Please, Add Japanese at Azure Machine Learning Home(https://studio.azureml.net/)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open source the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension

It would be great if the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension were open-sourced and put on GitHub (like several other Azure tools). The user community could help by fixing minor issues and adding improvements and the increased code transparency would help the users learn to use the tools correctly and understand their behavior.

The Azure ML SDK and CLI extension are implemented in Python, so everyone has access to the source code anyway, but there is no way currently to contribute fixes to the original projects and determining the changes between versions is cumbersome.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed

I hope a function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed.
    I can know whether there is error or not if I open their Experiment manually now.
    But when I run experiment automatically, I want to notify to some email if experiment's Run is failed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support custom R modules in the Visual Interface

We have a client with a large codebase in R that we want to migrate from SPSS to Azure Machine Learning. Right now we're stuck with AML Studio which doesn't give us the performance that we need for running experiments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update SQLite version

Currently, it seems that the Apply SQL Transformation module uses SQLite version 3.8.6. Could you update it newer one? As of 2019/05/01, the newest version is 3.28.0. It supports new SQL feature like window function, some useful extensions like Geopoly, and many performance enhancements.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to allow training for more than 24 hours

The utilities available in ML Studio is really convenient for me, however my dataset (around 1m rows) is taking too long to train, and I am only using a 2 layer FC NN. I think most of us won't mind paying for it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Step by Step web response request service web app

Please make a web app step by step request response tutorial from a ML azure studio experiment, for non native coder people is confusing to set up the service and make it available to the end user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show summary in run history

Show the summary in run history so that you can more easily track your iterations in your experiment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Migration from Azure Machine Learning Studio to Visual Interface

Ideally this should be done automatically for us, but I'd be happy with an export/import flow that lets us migrate manually.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Speech recognition Retrict words to custom list only.

It will be great to create our own list of words.
    And restrict the result only to this lit of words.

Actually by creating a custom endPoint, it add the list to the global vocabulary, but for my use, I need to restrict to my endpoint.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add possibility to pass parameters to scoring script when deploying an image

When deploying an image to AML Service, the path of the scoring script is given to the method using the execution_script parameter: ContainerImage.image_configuration(execution_script='score.py', ...). However, there is no argument for passing values to script parameters, which are needed in the init() function to do stuff like fetching passwords from Key Vault and getting sample data for the schema.

Please add the possibility to pass parameters to the scoring script when deploying and image to AML Service. For example, when creating a Python script step in an AML Pipeline, we can add these parameters as follows: PythonScriptStep(script_name='train.py', arguments=['--workspace_name', 'MyWS', '--model_path', './my_model.pk'].…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support Python 2.x

Please support Python 2.x as many frameworks still use it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add function that can install "CLI extension for Azure Machine Learning service" at Docker Azure CLI

Please add function that can install "CLI extension for Azure Machine Learning service" at Docker Azure CLI

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to run experiments without using SSH port

A lot of enterprise customers have concerns opening SSH port even with VNet enabled and using Azure ML service tag.

We should find a way to run experiments on computes like DSVM without opening up access to SSH port.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Role based access needed for Azure ML Service

We have multiple customers asking for the following role based scenarios,

- Experimentation: Define roles for users who can only submit the jobs, who can only manage computes etc.
    - Inferencing: Define roles as explained below,

I’m trying to run a standard 3 env (build/test/live) set up with a single common AML Workspace (so that the immutable images tested are promoted, not re-created in a different Workspace instance).

I’d need to be able to achieve the below:
    • Data Scientists can register models & create images within the AML Workspace
    • Data Scientists can deploy images to ACI or Build…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Machine Learning Studio should be supported for touchscreen use

Azure Machine Learning Studio requires use of a computer with a mouse for Drag and Drop. One cannot drag using an iPad touch screen for example.
    This may require an app for IOS and a corresponding one for Android devices to enable ML Studio to be supported by devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Feedback and Knowledge Base