Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Bring back CLI image commands ("az ml image create" etc)

The earlier preview versions of the CLI extension (e.g. 1.0.10) contained commands for manipulating the Docker images (e.g. "az ml image create container"). This was very useful, because it made it possible to decouple the time consuming task of building the image from the actual deployment to a compute target and allowed verification of the image prior to deploying to production. (In a CI/CD process, image building was part of the "Build" pipeline while webservice deployment was performed in the "Release" pipeline.)

In the latest CLI extension version (1.0.33.7), the image commands are not present in the CLI, even though…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python

To make the visual UI really useful, it would be great to support export of Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python.
    The same applies to the Automated ML UI.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Azure Customer,

We have the plan for AutoML. But currently it is not in the roadmap for visual interface. We will be watching for additional upvotes for future priority considerations. Thank you for your feedback and understanding.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

3. Deploy a web service to AKS without a public endpoint

It seems like the Machine Learning service currently always uses a public load balancer with a public IP when deploying a web service to AKS.

We do not want to expose our web services to the public as that is a security risk - even with the Authorization keys. Also, even if we had to expose it, we'd prefer to use our own centralized ingress system to control the traffic coming into the cluster (e.g. via Azure Application Gateway v2).

We therefore would like to be able to choose one of the following additional methods when connecting to AKS/when deploying…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove the limit on model names

Currently the character limit on a model name is 30 characters. We need names to be as long as we want to satisfy our naming conventions.

We have various sites our models run on, so we need to prefix the model name with the site, its operational area, it's purpose, and the algorithm choice.

Surely there's no *hard* technical limitation on naming something longer, if so, enlighten your users as to why there is a limitation so that we are able to anticipate such things.

When I check Azure naming Conventions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/best-practices/naming-conventions) the vast majority of the name…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Customer,

May I know which product of machine learning services you are mentioning? The visual interface, machine learning studio or machine learning workspace?

We would like to specify the product and we can investigate it deeper.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

5. Share notebook VM

Is it possible for 2 users of an AML Workspace to access the same notebook VM? We are both collaborators in the workspace, but my colleague cannot access the notebook VM I created.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow ACI and AKS containers to assume a managed identity role

Currently, there's no way for an ACI or AKS-instanced AML program to assume a role. We would like to access other Azure resources with our AML code, so we would like for the containers created to be able to assume an existing role, using the normal procedures.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need hyper parameter tuning for ML models

Should allow to tune hyper parameters in order to improve algorithm performance. Implement Grid search, Randomized Search and Hyperopt for parameter tuning.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We need an example of using AutoML in Azure DevOps rather than a simple sklearn model in the Python MLOps example?

Pelase Add good example in AzureDevOps using a video tutorial on your websiten rather than the MLOPs Python sample and how we can use it in Azure DevOps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. restrict access to Storage Account when using ML

Currently the access to the required storage account cannot be restricted when using ML. For security reasons it is wise to restrict access ("firewalls and virtual networks")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. stop word parameter for azure text analytics api for key phrase extraction

stop word parameter for azure text analytics api for key phrase extraction. When using Azure Text Analytics API to extract key phrases, we need mechanism to provide exclude list or stop words.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Spelling error in Azure Machine Learning Excel Add-in

"Predicting will override exising values." should read "Predicting will override existing values."

New product. Great stuff.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Any plans to for ML Studio to support Teradata?

Any plans for ML Studio Import/Export module to support Teradata?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link Dataset, Experiment, Image, Model, Deployement

As part of managing the whole Data Science Process within Azure ML, is there a way to link a Dataset, an Experiment and related produced Image, Model and Deployment, apart from description.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to Deploy web service as HTTP instead of default HTTPS

I need the ability to deploy my predictive model as a HTTP end point instead of the default HTTPS. There are lot of restrictions in the ERP test environment where I am building the client application that consumes the web service. An easy way to turn on/off from HTTPS to HTTP would be very useful as I migrate from Test to Prod.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need drop-out parameter for neural network

The neural network for custom script should put a dropout rate parameter or at least tell us the code for doing dropout in the custom script. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open source the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension

It would be great if the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension were open-sourced and put on GitHub (like several other Azure tools). The user community could help by fixing minor issues and adding improvements and the increased code transparency would help the users learn to use the tools correctly and understand their behavior.

The Azure ML SDK and CLI extension are implemented in Python, so everyone has access to the source code anyway, but there is no way currently to contribute fixes to the original projects and determining the changes between versions is cumbersome.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

18. "az ml run show -r runid" pops surprised output

When I am using command "az ml run show -r runid",
    This the output:

az ml run show -r b4c190b4-fd00-43ca-bf31-639221a9485c
    Error, default experiment not set and experiment name parameter not provided.
    Please provide a value for the experiment name parameter.

The problem is I can't provide experiment name, that's the information I want to query for...

Could we refine this command? I can provide -w workspace instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need AML SDK for .NET

AML SDK is only available in Python. I am developing a .Net application (in C#) and need the same features as Python SDK. Is there any plan for porting python SDK to .NET SDK?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AKS cluster remove models

Bring the ability to remove particular models, and closing the containers from deployments onto an AKS cluster without deleting the cluster

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Categories