Machine Learning

Welcome! The Azure Machine Learning team invites you to share and vote for features to help you build, manage, and deploy custom machine learning models.

Have a technical question, or want to learn more? Please visit our documentation, MSDN forum or StackOverflow.

1. Need Advanced Time Series Models in AZURE ML like ARIMA, ARIMAZ, SARIMAX etc. for various industrial applications

Time series models have numerous industrial applications and most widely used models in R & Python are ARIMA, ARIMAX, SARIMAX etc.
    Request to add all advanced time series models in Azure ML.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back CLI image commands ("az ml image create" etc)

The earlier preview versions of the CLI extension (e.g. 1.0.10) contained commands for manipulating the Docker images (e.g. "az ml image create container"). This was very useful, because it made it possible to decouple the time consuming task of building the image from the actual deployment to a compute target and allowed verification of the image prior to deploying to production. (In a CI/CD process, image building was part of the "Build" pipeline while webservice deployment was performed in the "Release" pipeline.)

In the latest CLI extension version (1.0.33.7), the image commands are not present in the CLI, even though…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python

To make the visual UI really useful, it would be great to support export of Azure ML Visual Interface experiments to Python.
    The same applies to the Automated ML UI.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Azure Customer,

We have the plan for AutoML. But currently it is not in the roadmap for visual interface. We will be watching for additional upvotes for future priority considerations. Thank you for your feedback and understanding.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

4. Open source the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension

It would be great if the Azure ML SDK and CLI extension were open-sourced and put on GitHub (like several other Azure tools). The user community could help by fixing minor issues and adding improvements and the increased code transparency would help the users learn to use the tools correctly and understand their behavior.

The Azure ML SDK and CLI extension are implemented in Python, so everyone has access to the source code anyway, but there is no way currently to contribute fixes to the original projects and determining the changes between versions is cumbersome.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you for understanding.
    Azure CXP Community

5. Remove the limit on model names

Currently the character limit on a model name is 30 characters. We need names to be as long as we want to satisfy our naming conventions.

We have various sites our models run on, so we need to prefix the model name with the site, its operational area, it's purpose, and the algorithm choice.

Surely there's no *hard* technical limitation on naming something longer, if so, enlighten your users as to why there is a limitation so that we are able to anticipate such things.

When I check Azure naming Conventions (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/best-practices/naming-conventions) the vast majority of the name…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Customer,

May I know which product of machine learning services you are mentioning? The visual interface, machine learning studio or machine learning workspace?

We would like to specify the product and we can investigate it deeper.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

6. Deploy a web service to AKS without a public endpoint

It seems like the Machine Learning service currently always uses a public load balancer with a public IP when deploying a web service to AKS.

We do not want to expose our web services to the public as that is a security risk - even with the Authorization keys. Also, even if we had to expose it, we'd prefer to use our own centralized ingress system to control the traffic coming into the cluster (e.g. via Azure Application Gateway v2).

We therefore would like to be able to choose one of the following additional methods when connecting to AKS/when deploying…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Machine Learning services to use Azure AD Token

When using Machine Learning's API, add a function that can authenticate with Azure AD Token

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is very important to us. Our engineering team will investigate it and consider your feedback seriously. We will get back to you soon.

Azure CXP Community

8. Share notebook VM

Is it possible for 2 users of an AML Workspace to access the same notebook VM? We are both collaborators in the workspace, but my colleague cannot access the notebook VM I created.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable GPU support when deploying to Azure Container Instances

Azure Container Instances can be configured to provide GPU resources to the container (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-instances/container-instances-gpu). However, there is no way to ask for GPU resources when deploying ML services via the Azure ML SDK (AciWebservice.deploy_configuration) or Azure CLI (az ml service create aci). Even if the image is built with GPU support enabled (ContainerImage.image_configuration(enable_gpu=True,...)), the image does not work properly in ACI because the GPU resources are not present.

Please extend the SDK and CLI to allow specifying the GPU count and SKU when deploying to ACI.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. This feature is currently not planned mainly because ACI doesn’t have full GPU support yet. We will follow up with ACI team and expose it when they add full support. At the meantime, we will keep this feedback and vote opening.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

10. improve new visual interface run execution performance (it's that bad...)

ml studio was already slow, for the new visual is several times worst, even after creating the default 2 node cluster, things that took one minute on ml studio now go up to 8-10 mins on visual preview?understand the tracking happening below, cluster overhead and all that, but the point is, as it is, it's unusable, some screenshots ...
    https://twitter.com/rquintino/status/1126263499821387776

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow ACI and AKS containers to assume a managed identity role

Currently, there's no way for an ACI or AKS-instanced AML program to assume a role. We would like to access other Azure resources with our AML code, so we would like for the containers created to be able to assume an existing role, using the normal procedures.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add detailed model training progress information in Machine Learning Studio experiment view

At now, the only training progress indicator in experiment view is a time elapsed counter. The idea is to extend number and types of possible counters while the model is being trained. Such information could possibly be: current training iteration, progress percentage, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

After internal review, this feature request is not currently in the roadmap. We will keep this feedback open and watching for additional upvotes for future priority considerations. Thank you for your feedback again ^^

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

13. Support Python 2.x

Please support Python 2.x as many frameworks still use it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to run experiments without using SSH port

A lot of enterprise customers have concerns opening SSH port even with VNet enabled and using Azure ML service tag.

We should find a way to run experiments on computes like DSVM without opening up access to SSH port.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add PowerShell to Azure Notebooks

Please add and improve the kernel for Windows PowerShell/Powershell Core/6/7 to Azure Notebooks.
    PowerShell should be treated as first citizen language and there are a lot of usecases for teaching with Azure Notebooks.
    Alternatively provide an option to load custom kernels.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Migration from Azure Machine Learning Studio to Visual Interface

Ideally this should be done automatically for us, but I'd be happy with an export/import flow that lets us migrate manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Azure Customer,

Our plan is to support convert the Studio experiment to visual interface experiment. Model and web service are currently out of scope. Thank you for your feedback and please keep eyes on it.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community

17. We have to be able to export experiment in AML Studio so that it can be imported later with another account

I developed an experiment in AML Studio and deployed it as a web service.

I would really appreciate it if I can I export it so that it can be imported later with another Azure Account and it can be redeployed again (in case that i don't have my account anymore or i delete my current experiment)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed

I hope a function that notify some email when Experiment's Runs is failed.
    I can know whether there is error or not if I open their Experiment manually now.
    But when I run experiment automatically, I want to notify to some email if experiment's Run is failed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Azure CXP Community

19. Add possibility to pass parameters to scoring script when deploying an image

When deploying an image to AML Service, the path of the scoring script is given to the method using the execution_script parameter: ContainerImage.image_configuration(execution_script='score.py', ...). However, there is no argument for passing values to script parameters, which are needed in the init() function to do stuff like fetching passwords from Key Vault and getting sample data for the schema.

Please add the possibility to pass parameters to the scoring script when deploying and image to AML Service. For example, when creating a Python script step in an AML Pipeline, we can add these parameters as follows: PythonScriptStep(script_name='train.py', arguments=['--workspace_name', 'MyWS', '--model_path', './my_model.pk'].…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide ability to do real Machine Learning in Europe North

Currently on NCv1 with the ancient K80's that Google do not even give away for free on Google Colab is available in North Europe.
    We have huge amounts of data in NE and thus it would be impossible or at least extremely cost prohibitive to move this data over to WE, where there are V100-NCv3 GPU's.
    Even the NCv3 instances are ridiculously underpowered for SOTA ML work.

Just to give some perspective on how excruciatingly slow these are to work with:
    My private gaming PC at home running a single 2080ti has 2.5x TensorFlops of a NCv1 running 4 K80…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Azure Customer,

Azure CXP Community

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Machine Learning

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base