StorSimple

Microsoft Azure StorSimple Manager allows you to centrally manage all your StorSimple devices from Azure Portal. It provides the ability to configure and monitor devices, provision storage, setup backup and recovery to any other managed device with a simple to use interface.

1. Ability to resize the virtual disk on the StorSimple Virtual Array 1200

Currently once you have created the 1200 you can't resize the underlying virtual disk which is very limiting. You would have to delete the whole array and recover to a new one.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow resizing of shares on StorSimple Virtual Array 1200

Currently once a share is created it cannot be be made larger even if there is free space on the array/cloud.

If a share fills up you have to create a whole new share and redirect users which is very inconvenient.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support running StorSimple Virtual Array as Azure VM

This request is not for disaster recovery like SSCA does.

I want to use brand-new SSVA as Azure VM to build mid size of file server on my Azure virtual network.
    As you know, Azure VM just support 1023GB x N size of attached storage and we can scale N to max 64 but we need G5 or GS5. It is so expensive.

If I can use SSVA on DS3 or D3, for example, I can build max 64TB (one volume or file share limit to 20TB) file server or iSCSI storage and also backup and recovery is very easy.…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File Recovery

Ability to restore individual files without having to use VSS or mounting of a snapshot. Would improve the experience especially when one of SS main sales pitch is File Server data.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

StorSimple

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base